It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out what ladies want for Valentine’s Day — sparkly jewelry, fancy chocolates and/or a day at a chocolate-themed spa. When it comes to dudes, our brains are like… uuuhhh. Sound familiar? No worries, we’re here to save the day! We’ve crafted the perfect solution to the boyfriend gift problem so that you can be a good girlfriend and give your S.O. a gift he will actually appreciate. Pick up a variety of your boyfriend’s favorite beers, wrap them in our free B+C printables and gift them in a custom wooden beer box. Dudes — you’re welcome.
- 2 rectangles of 1/2-inch wood measuring 20 x 5 1/2 inches
- 1 rectangle of 1/2-inch wood measuring 18 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
- 2 squares of 1/2-inch wood measuring 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
- 1-inch screws (x12)
- 1/4-inch screws (x2)
- beer opener
- wood stain
- beer bottle printable
- – seven bottles of beer
– hammer (if you intend to use nails)
1. Screw the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch squares to either side of a 20 x 5 1/2-inch rectangle. Next, screw in the 18 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch rectangle bottom. Finish by screwing in the last 20 x 5 1/2-inch rectangle to complete the box.
2. Use the 1/4-inch screws to attach the bottle opener on the outside of the box.
3. Use a paper towel to apply your wood stain to the outside of the box. Apply more coats to get a darker finish.
4. Print out the B+C beer bottle wraps, cut out and tape onto an assortment of beer bottles.
Head to your local Home Depot or Lowe’s to pick up two 20 x 5 1/2-inch rectangles, one 18 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch rectangle and two 5 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch squares of half-inch wood. Use one-inch screws to screw the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch squares to the inside edge of one of the 20 x 5 1/2-inch rectangles. Next, screw in the 18 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch bottom of the box. Finish off the box by screwing in the last 20 x 5 1/2-inch side.
Grab 1/4-inch screws or small nails and attach the bottle opener to the outside of the box.
Oh yeah — look at that wood grain.
Use a towel or paper towel to apply your wood stain to the box. Just remember the more coats you apply, the darker the stain.
Print out our beer bottle printables and tape to your boo’s favorite varieties of beer. Use the blank template to personalize your own beer bottle sayings.
Yes, after a day of meeting the parents, your BF should definitely be treated to a special beer.
We all have those days, and now that day gets a special brew. (One for me too, please!)
Head to the liquor store to pick up a variety of beers for your S.O. Not a beer lover? Fill the box with wine!
We laid them in the box to display the text wrapping, but this box can actually fit 14 beers! You can decide how many beers your BF really deserves ;) Hehe.
A beer box for the ultimate man cave. Of course we adorned it with our new favorite BAR sign made from repurposed Christmas lights.
The boys at B+C were not shy to step in and crack one open.
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Chris Andre