As Halloween approaches, there’s something in the air that changes — perhaps it’s the cooler weather or the eerie lights strung across your neighbor’s porch. With the big night just one month away, it’s time to start planning your DIY Halloween decor. Save money *and* work your creativity by making your own look. Depending on the style you want, a great way to get creative is with elegant, cute or gothic vases — the options are endless. Scroll on and get ready to be captivated by these spectacular DIY vase ideas.
1. Black-and-White Painted Vases: Your Halloween decor doesn’t have to be spooky or scary. In fact, you can make your very own minimalist vases to decorate your home this season. Add your favorite flowers (alive or dead) as a final touch. (via We Can Make Anything)
2. Dia de los Muertos Planters: If celebrating Day of the Dead is more your style, try these succulent skull vases. They’re super easy to make and would look great as a centerpiece on your dining table. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Vases: Nothing says Halloween like glow-in-the-dark decor. You’ll be amazed at just how easy and fun these are to make. We recommend placing them in a spot that’s sure to get tons of attention, like your bathroom or hallway. (via Brit + Co)
4. Handmade DIY Goth Vase: This goth-inspired vase could be used in lieu of a place card at your next Halloween party. It also makes for a great personalized favor for each of your guests to take home. (via Vitamini Handmade)
6. DIY Ghost Planter: If you’re looking to style a vase that’s already in use year-round, this ghost planter DIY is the perfect way to do just that. With a touch of paint or tape, you can give your corner plant a ghostly makeover. (via Home Depot)
8. Simple Bug Votives: Creepy-crawly insect vases are the perfect way to add a Halloween vibe to your fall decor. These would be the perfect touch for your porch or backyard — and they might even scare off an insect or two. Or attract them. Hmm. (via Hi Sugar Plums Blog)
9. Blood-Splattered Vases: You’ll be sure to creep out your guests with these vases that look like they’re from a fresh crime scene. Don’t worry — no vases were harmed during the making of this DIY. (via Elle Decor)
10. Simple Skull Vase: Because you’re decorating this vase yourself, you can make spooky look chic. A gold-painted skull vase is also perfect for those of you who don’t like overly gory decor. (via Francois et Moi)
13. DIY Melted Crayon Vase: Create a modern vase with pops of color using melted crayons and a glass jar. This DIY would be fun to try with the kids — as long as you’re okay with things getting a little messy. (via Modern Parents Messy Kids)
14. Fun DIY Mason Jar Vase: A mason jar vase that uses chalk paint as its base is so versatile. Once Halloween is over, you can erase your jack-o’-lantern and replace it with a cute turkey for Thanksgiving. (via We Heart Parties)
15. Mason Jar Ghost Lantern: Give your home a bright but spooky look by creating your very own surprised ghost vase. Add a pop of color with a cute ribbon trim or a festive Halloween-themed garland. (via Simply Kierste)
16. Matte Black Mason Jar Vase: A black-and-white palette lets you combine eclectic pieces but still keep the vibe refined and modern. If you want to add a touch of warmth, add flowers in fun colors, like Halloween-inspired orange and purple. (via My Everyday Lifestyle)
Are you ready to start DIYing for Halloween? Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloween decor inspo and DIY projects.