It’s just about summertime, which means the heat is upon us. While you’re out choosing the perfect bathing suit, don’t forget to pick up some items to whip up your very own DIY facial scrub. These scrubs are sure to prep your face for those super sunny days. So go ahead, get your scroll on.
1. Sugar Lemon: Not only will this scrub make your skin smell amazing, but it will cleanse and brighten your face just in time for summer. What you’ll need? Sugar or baking soda, coconut or olive oil and lemon zest. (via Craft Berry Bush)
3. Grapefruit + Avocado Oil Scrub: If we didn’t know this was a scrub, we’d probably devour it. Grapefruit is the perfect fruit for a scrub, as it contains a high amount of vitamin C. Simply pop a peeled grapefruit with some sugar into a blender and you’re done! (via Brit + Co)
4. Organic Citrus: You know the saying that goes “soft as a baby’s bottom?” That’s what your face will feel like after using this scrub. It’ll remove the dead skin while moisturizing at the same time. Hit up your favorite grocery store and grab these items to make this happen: pure fine sea salt, extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, a lemon, a lime and an orange. (via Organic Beauty Talk)
5. Baby Rose Sugar Scrub: You can make that bouquet of roses last longer by turning it into a scrub with just a few ingredients. Aside from the wonders it’ll do to your face, we absolutely love that perfect pink color. (via Smart School House)
6. Rose and Chamomile: At first, this sounds like a recipe for an amazing tea. Although it could double as such, it’s even better as a scrub. So pop some dried roses, dried chamomile, oats, honey and a mild oil (almond or olive) in a coffee grinder and then get to scrubbing. (via Henry Happened)
7. Lava Sea Salt and Pineapple: This is the ultimate exfoliating scrub. Its coarse lava salt and tart pineapple will both clarify your skin and enrich it with lots and lots of enzymes. The coconut oil also makes it surprisingly soothing. (via Brit + Co)
9. Honey, Lemon + Lavender: This sounds like an amazing-smelling candle. Now just imagine it on your face. The great thing about this scrub is that you can make a big batch and use it throughout the week. (via Tasty Yummies)
10. Tomato Sugar Scrub: Tomato AND sugar together? Yep! Tomatoes are great because they can actually cool down your skin. This scrub will become your new go-to for those really hot days. (via Savy Naturalista)
11. Whipped Grapefruit Mint Sugar: Mmmm. We totally think this looks like it came right out of a gelato shop. This scrub utilizes grapefruit, zest, sugar, coconut oil, peppermint oil and beet juice to give it a little color. This will exfoliate and energize your skin just in time for that blazing sun. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
12. Grated Cucumber and Baking Soda: We’ve all seen the amazing things cucumbers can do for your eyes. Just imagine the heavenly wonders it’ll do for the rest of your face. The addition of baking soda turns it into a scrub. (via La Mav)
13. Maple-Cinnamon Almond Butter: Almond butter is one of our fave condiments. Now mix that with some maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, hemp, flax and chia seeds for a totally healthy, rejuvenating scrub. Oh and guess what? You can eat it too! (via Oh She Glows)
14. Green Tea Sugar: This scrub is amazing because you can make it with items already in your pantry. So go ahead and pull out your green tea bags, sugar and coconut oil out and treat your skin. (via Savy Naturalista)
17. Lemon and Honey: When life gives you lemons, you turn them into an amazing facial wash, of course! You can even set this next to your sink in the bathroom so you’ll never forget to scrub, scrub, scrub. (via A House in the Hills)
Do you have an amazing facial scrub recipe? Sharing is caring, so share below!