Eating a healthy breakfast is key to starting your day off on the right foot, but it’s hard to make good-for-us choices when the last thing we want to eat is another bowl of oatmeal (even if you do try for some variety in your warm breakfast bowls). Traditional breakfast favorites like French toast, pancakes and pastries all taste like dessert, but come with a major sugar crash. What’s a girl to do? Well, if you’re looking to eat a healthy and sweet breakfast, you’re in luck. You can still have a filling and nutritious morning meal that will keep you full until lunchtime with one of these 14 recipes.
1. Maple Vanilla Quinoa Porridge With Fresh Figs: Oatmeal isn’t the only grain you can eat for breakfast. Switch up your oats for quinoa cooked in almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup for a delicious way to start your day. (via The Full Helping)
2. Banana Bread Protein Waffles: Protein pancakes are old news. These hybrid banana bread-waffles equal a Sunday morning-worthy breakfast that will make your Monday a little brighter. (via Yeah… immaEATthat)
3. Coconut Oatmeal With Persimmons and Palm Sugar: A breakfast that makes you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation is great any time of year. Cook your oats in coconut milk instead of water for an easy switch-up of your go-to breakfast. (via Food and Style)
4. Fluffy and Fruity Honey Egg Pancake: Not only is this breakfast pretty to look at, but it’s also the ultimate way to start your day on a healthy note. You’ll only need a few ingredients to enjoy a restaurant-quality pancake breakfast. (via Kale Me Maybe)
5. Berries and Brie Breakfast Bake: Save this recipe for a perfect Sunday brunch. Mix up the ingredients the night before, let it sit in the fridge overnight and have an Instagram-worthy meal in the morning. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)
6. Almond Flour Crepes: Make like you’re brunching in France by having crepes for breakfast. This grain-free recipe calls for almond flour rather than traditional flour, and the possibilities for fillings are endless. (via Yeah… immaEATthat)
7. Almond Joy Breakfast Bake: Candy is completely acceptable for breakfast when it takes the form of this breakfast bake. Mix coconuts, cocoa powder and almond extract into your oats for an indulgent-tasting breakfast. (via Running With Spoons)
8. Greek Yogurt Banana Pancake Tacos: These gluten-free banana pancakes are filled with Greek yogurt and rolled up like tacos. Put out bowls of your favorite fruit, granola and chocolate chips for a DIY Pancake Taco Bar. (via Food Faith Fitness)
9. Carrot Cake Oatmeal: Turn cake into a healthy breakfast with this recipe. Shredded carrots, walnuts and coconut are all mixed together to make a delicious breakfast that gets you a serving of veggies, too. (An Edible Mosaic)
10. Healthy Vegan Tiramisu Protein Pancakes: Healthy, vegan and tiramisu are not usually words that go together — except in the case of these pancakes! They’re made with mocha protein powder to give them extra staying power. (via A Little Rosemary and Time)
11. Apple Pie Sundae With Greek Yogurt and Toasted Oats: Dessert isn’t the only time you can eat a sundae! Make this kid-friendly treat before work or after dinner. (via Oprah.com)
12. Baked Multigrain Blackberry French Toast: This French toast recipe is about to change everything you know about the breakfast classic. The special-occasion breakfast will fill you up and still have you feeling good about your choices when you leave the table. (via Life Is but a Dish)
13. Buttermilk Spelt Baked Doughnuts with Ganache Frosting: Donuts get a gluten-free and refined-sugar makeover with this healthy recipe. If you don’t have a donut pan, now is the time to invest in one. Bring a few to the office to help with that mid-morning sugar craving. (via Naturally Ella)
14. Vanilla Muffins: Store-bought or coffee shop muffins can have even more sugar than a bowl of ice cream — not the best way to start your day. Make a batch of these on Sunday to have for breakfast the entire week. (via Edible Perspective)
Find even more healthy breakfast inspiration on the Brit + Co Pinterest boards.