18 Warm Breakfast Bowls to Cuddle Up With in the Morning
As much as we love to start the day with a smoothie bowl or cereal and milk, some mornings call for something a little less chilly. Enter, the warm breakfast bowl. Whether savory or sweet, these cold-crushing creations feature everything from assorted grains, eggs and veggies to fruit, chocolate and more to make a satisfying and steamy way to start the day. Enjoy going beyond the usual packet o’ oats in the AM with these 18 delicious combos.
1. Breakfast Burrito Bowl With Sweet Potato Noodles: We’re not ones to turn down burrito bowls, no matter the time of day. This recipe skips the usual rice and beans, making it a great, grain-free way to greet the day. (via Food Faith Fitness)
3. Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free): This chocolatey combo is kinda like rice pudding, only with more protein and none of the sugar. Serve it hot (or cold) with raspberries or strawberries sprinkled over top. (via The Blonde Pantry)
6. Blueberry Almond Flaxseed Porridge (Grain-Free): We’d venture to guess that this particular porridge is unlike any you’ve tried before. Enjoy it topped with fruit and nuts, or take it in a less sweet direction — you can’t go wrong either way. (via Dish by Dish)
7. Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls With Crispy Eggs, Bacon and Scallions: It might be hard to go back to maple and brown sugar after you try this savory spin on oatmeal. Bacon, eggs and cheese add delicious, stick-to-your-ribs flavor to every bowlful. (via My Bacon-Wrapped Life)
10. Pesto Quinoa Breakfast Bowl: Tossing homemade kale-basil pesto with quinoa is a sneaky way to get a helping of greens in the morning. It forms a flavorful bed for a runny-yolk egg and tangy crumbles of goat cheese. (via Nerdy Bites)
12. Chai Tea Oatmeal: You only need five ingredients to make this spiced oatmeal. You guessed it — these oats pair wonderfully with a cup of chai tea to wash it all down. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
18. Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls With Beet Greens and Avocado: Roast the veggies ahead of time, and you can get these colorful power bowls on the table in only five minutes. (via The Roasted Root)
What are some of your favorite warm breakfast choices that go beyond pancakes and waffles? Share yours with us below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!