18 Warm Breakfast Bowls to Cuddle Up With in the Morning
As much as we love to start the day with a smoothie bowl or cereal and milk, some mornings call for something a little less chilly. Enter, the warm breakfast bowl. Whether savory or sweet, these cold-crushing creations feature everything from assorted grains, eggs and veggies to fruit, chocolate and more to make a satisfying and steamy way to start the day. Enjoy going beyond the usual packet o’ oats in the AM with these 18 delicious combos.
1. Breakfast Burrito Bowl With Sweet Potato Noodles: We’re not ones to turn down burrito bowls, no matter the time of day. This recipe skips the usual rice and beans, making it a great, grain-free way to greet the day. (via Food Faith Fitness)
3. Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free): This chocolatey combo is kinda like rice pudding, only with more protein and none of the sugar. Serve it hot (or cold) with raspberries or strawberries sprinkled over top. (via The Blonde Pantry)
6. Blueberry Almond Flaxseed Porridge (Grain-Free): We’d venture to guess that this particular porridge is unlike any you’ve tried before. Enjoy it topped with fruit and nuts, or take it in a less sweet direction — you can’t go wrong either way. (via Dish by Dish)
7. Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls With Crispy Eggs, Bacon and Scallions: It might be hard to go back to maple and brown sugar after you try this savory spin on oatmeal. Bacon, eggs and cheese add delicious, stick-to-your-ribs flavor to every bowlful. (via My Bacon-Wrapped Life)
10. Pesto Quinoa Breakfast Bowl: Tossing homemade kale-basil pesto with quinoa is a sneaky way to get a helping of greens in the morning. It forms a flavorful bed for a runny-yolk egg and tangy crumbles of goat cheese. (via Nerdy Bites)
12. Chai Tea Oatmeal: You only need five ingredients to make this spiced oatmeal. You guessed it — these oats pair wonderfully with a cup of chai tea to wash it all down. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
18. Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls With Beet Greens and Avocado: Roast the veggies ahead of time, and you can get these colorful power bowls on the table in only five minutes. (via The Roasted Root)
What are some of your favorite warm breakfast choices that go beyond pancakes and waffles? Share yours with us below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.