18 Warm Breakfast Bowls to Cuddle Up With in the Morning
As much as we love to start the day with a smoothie bowl or cereal and milk, some mornings call for something a little less chilly. Enter, the warm breakfast bowl. Whether savory or sweet, these cold-crushing creations feature everything from assorted grains, eggs and veggies to fruit, chocolate and more to make a satisfying and steamy way to start the day. Enjoy going beyond the usual packet o’ oats in the AM with these 18 delicious combos.
1. Breakfast Burrito Bowl With Sweet Potato Noodles: We’re not ones to turn down burrito bowls, no matter the time of day. This recipe skips the usual rice and beans, making it a great, grain-free way to greet the day. (via Food Faith Fitness)
3. Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free): This chocolatey combo is kinda like rice pudding, only with more protein and none of the sugar. Serve it hot (or cold) with raspberries or strawberries sprinkled over top. (via The Blonde Pantry)
6. Blueberry Almond Flaxseed Porridge (Grain-Free): We’d venture to guess that this particular porridge is unlike any you’ve tried before. Enjoy it topped with fruit and nuts, or take it in a less sweet direction — you can’t go wrong either way. (via Dish by Dish)
7. Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowls With Crispy Eggs, Bacon and Scallions: It might be hard to go back to maple and brown sugar after you try this savory spin on oatmeal. Bacon, eggs and cheese add delicious, stick-to-your-ribs flavor to every bowlful. (via My Bacon-Wrapped Life)
10. Pesto Quinoa Breakfast Bowl: Tossing homemade kale-basil pesto with quinoa is a sneaky way to get a helping of greens in the morning. It forms a flavorful bed for a runny-yolk egg and tangy crumbles of goat cheese. (via Nerdy Bites)
12. Chai Tea Oatmeal: You only need five ingredients to make this spiced oatmeal. You guessed it — these oats pair wonderfully with a cup of chai tea to wash it all down. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
18. Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls With Beet Greens and Avocado: Roast the veggies ahead of time, and you can get these colorful power bowls on the table in only five minutes. (via The Roasted Root)
What are some of your favorite warm breakfast choices that go beyond pancakes and waffles? Share yours with us below!