SUP, July?! While we look forward to strong cocktails, fire pit recipes and BBQs galore this time of year, there’s also something totally different to look forward to: big beauty launches. The summertime is often when brands branch out and debut daring new shades and formulas (often sweat-proof products, of course). This month did not disappoint! Here are 10 new beauty products to try out this month.
1. LORAC PRO Lash Pomade Mascara ($23): This mascara is a must-have — pick it up later this month when it launches! Buildable mascaras are the best kind to purchase because you can start with a light coat in the morning (for a daytime look) but easily add drama after hours with more coats. Unlike other formulas, this one won’t clump as you layer, and it’ll hold up to a long night out. The black-as-night color doesn’t hurt, either.
2. Murad InstaMatte Oil-Control Mask ($38): If you’re in a hurry and want to give your skin a little love in these hot (AKA oily!) summer months, consider this new mask, launching today. In just three minutes, it works to eliminate oily skin, prevent breakouts and shrink pore size. Also — it works in three minutes?!
3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup ($39): With an on-the-go design, all-day wear and a ton of different shades, this new foundation is big news for peeps who are loyal to the brand. Their Double Wear foundation has a cult following thanks to its unparalleled coverage and feel, so this product is promising. Toss this in your purse and be prepared for touch-ups any time thanks to its built-in brush and blendable formula.
4. NARSissist Dual-Intensity Cheek Palette ($59): This palette is not for the faint of heart! Four bold and beautiful colors are included in this one-stop-shop cheek palette: pinky blushes, a coppery bronzer and a luminous highlighter. These hues are so rich, you can definitely hack them into eyeshadow or even liner using a wet brush. Note that this palette is for gals who love to glow — there are no matte shades.
5. Too Faced Born This Way Concealer ($28): If you love Too Faced Born This Way Foundation ($39) then you have to give this new concealer a try. You’ll get the same full-coverage effect from this concealer as you do from the foundation, but it’s a lightweight, blendable formula that will never look cakey. The best part of this new product is the wide range of shades: There’s one for err’body.
6. Katy Kat Matte Lipstick ($8): Katy Perry’s first foray into the wild world of makeup is with this killer lipstick line. The colors are seriously intense — in a good way — and really show off Katy’s daring personality and striking style. By now, you should know that I love dark lipstick, so the inky shades from this line are my fave. They’re also super affordable — score!
7. L’Oreal Paris Root Cover Up ($11): Never deal with the annoying and unsightly problem that is visible roots thanks to this seriously smart product. If your hair is growing out and exposing your salon secrets (oh, you weren’t born with those flawless honey blonde highlights?!), just spray this product onto your roots and they’ll be covered up and blended in. Voila!
8. Sweat Cosmetics Twist-Brush + Mineral Foundation ($42): Busy girls, sporty girls and/or ladies living in sweltering heat: Give this special foundation a try. It protects your skin from the sun with SPF 30, holds up to water (so you can take a much-needed dip in the pool) and gives you buildable coverage. This product is a definite game-changer.
9. Sephora Black Up Anti Shine Loose Powder ($32): This new powder from Black Up is designed to keep your skin matte and your makeup set all day long. Designed for women of color, the line offers a range of five shades and is free of nasty stuff like parabens and sulfates. This is a great everyday product because you can wear a light dusting to set your daily look, then build the coverage up at night.
10. Lancôme Glow Subtil Silky Creme Highlighter ($30): These highlighters are straight up gorgeous. They offer your skin the perfect amount of shimmer, meaning you’ll get that dewy, healthy glow but will never look glittery or oily. Each of the super wearable, universally flattering shades would also make a beautiful eyeshadow. Cream products are awesome because they’re versatile like that :)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.