From nomadic patchwork at Libertine to industrial digits at Monse, New York Fashion Week brought us some fierce manicures — putting to bed any misguided notions that the nail art trend might be over. Top talon trends for Fall/Winter 2017? Metallics, edgy hues, abstract motifs, black and white combos, and chains. Keep scrolling for the looks that slayed on the runways.
1. Jeremy Scott: We saw stars — or more specifically Hollywood Walk of Fame-inspired nails — at Jeremy Scott. Mani maven Miss Pop used a trio of CND Vinylux Weekly Polish hues: Banana Clips, Electric Orange, and Wildfire (in that order) and then topped talons with hand-painted Tinseltown-worthy gold stars. (Photo via Jennifer Graylock/Getty)
2. Naeem Khan: Equal parts regal and rocker, everything about Naeem Khan’s show wowed — down to the last detail. The dazzling mosaic glitter digits perfectly complemented the ornate embroidery and beadwork of the designer’s FW2017 collection. (Photo via Jimmy Bae/WWD)
3. Libertine: Thread, beads, crystals, feathers, and yarn, oh my! The CND Design Lab Team mixed a myriad of trends to create a nomadic patchwork. While this look is, shall we say, a bit over-the-top to wear IRL, there’s no question it rocked on the runway! (Photo via Jennifer Graylock/Getty Images for CND)
4. Nicole Miller: The vibe of Nicole Miller’s F/W 2017 collection was gypsy grunge. Zoya’s lead manicurist, Holly Falcone, nailed it with jet black digits, complete with occult symbols. (Photo via Imaxtree)
5. Monse: The look at Monse was contemporary cool with an edge. Models rocked the runway with black-and-silver manis (created using Essie Nail Polish in Licorice and No Place Like Chrome). (Photo via Imaxtree)
6. Hayley Elsaesser: Fashion newcomer Hayley Elsaesser made waves with bold fashion and equally spectacular nails. The inspo for the fabulous fingertips? My Little Pony. Pro nail artist Gracie J Haitian used a rainbow of China Glaze hues, creating a look that pops on and off the runway. (Photo via Jessica Earnshaw)
7. Raul Penaranda: It was all about dark, sexy fingertips at the Raul Penaranda presentation. Polished Girlz founder, Alanna Wall, showed that black is the new black with an onyx mani (using Zoya Polish in Willa), featuring gradient glitter and crystal accent nails. (Photo via Jack Paulus for Dream Central Studios)
8. The Blonds: This season, CND and The Blonds reunited for their 20th show together! The talons told the story of metamorphosis through medium length, dagger-shaped nails in mercurial hues, enhanced with dimensional python, stones, and mineral artifacts. The CND team spent over 300 combined hours to create these mesmerizing manis — and it shows. (Photo via Jennifer Graylock/Getty)
9. Novis: The inspo behind the nails at Novis? “My boyfriend’s grandmother’s vintage couch,” said nail pro Alicia Torello, who used Christian Louboutin Nail Colours in Rouge Louboutin, Mula Lisa, Daffodile and Pluminette to create this abstract floral motif.
10. Philipp Plein: Philipp Plein’s show had people talking for multiple reasons — his casting of the “hot mugshot guy,” the star-studded front row (hello Kylie Jenner and Madonna), editors snubbing Tiffany Trump, the clothes, and then there were the uber-edgy chain-dripping digits. Are they wearable off the runway? No. But this daring design is certainly the stuff of fashion fantasies. (Photo via Imaxtree)
Follow us on Pinterest for more #NYFW inspo.