Putting the words “Passover” and “dessert” together often inspires a shudder. But it doesn’t have to be that way, and these 14 delicious desserts are here to prove it. Advances in grain-free baking have definitely played a part in this shift, along with the availability of approved leaveners. This means the vast majority of these goodies also happen to be naturally gluten-free AND are far from the dense offerings of yore. Pretty tempting, right?
1. Coconut and Berry Passover Tart (Gluten-Free): With its custardy filling and a crust that manages to be both chewy and crisp, this tart delivers a tantalizing assortment of texture in every bite. (via Washington Times)
3. Chocolate-Dipped Funfetti Macaroons (Gluten-Free): A dip in chocolate and a smattering of colorful sprinkles are a couple welcome (and easy) ways to upgrade the standard macaroon. (via A Clean Bake)
5. Flourless Chocolate Cake With Almond Cream Cheese Frosting (Grain-Free): A sliver of this rich layer cake is all it takes to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’ll kick any chocolate cravings to the curb. (via La Casa de Sweets)
6. Flourless Carrot Walnut Cloud Cookies (Gluten-Free): You’ll get all the flavors of carrot cake in these delicious cookies that are both crisp and soft at the same time. (via Overtime Cook)
7. Pavlovas With Strawberries and Balsamic (Gluten-Free): Topped with a plume of whipped cream and a pile of berries, these pavlovas certainly bring elegance to the table. (via Baking a Moment)
8. Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse (Gluten-Free): You only need chocolate and water (yes, water!) to make these luxurious cups of mousse. Looking for more flavor? Simply swap out a couple spoonfuls of H2O with a splash of your favorite liqueur. (via Bakepedia)
10. Passover Lemon-Almond Sponge Cake (Gluten-Free): A pour of warm lemon sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the delicate almond and citrus flavors of this tall, celebration-worthy sponge cake. (via Life’s a Feast)
11. Chocolate Cake With Espresso Glaze (Gluten-Free): Between the espresso powder baked right in and glaze served tableside, you’ll get a double dose of coffee flavor in every bite of this crumbly, dense favorite. (via Martha Stewart)
12. Chocolate Caramel Macarons (Gluten-Free): Sandwiched with a crunchy caramel layer, these macarons are a cross between cookies and candy. Even better, the shells can be made almost a week in advance. (via The New York Times)
13. Chocolate Hazelnut Macaroon Torte (Gluten-Free): Coconut abounds during Passover, but other nuts deserve some love too. Here, hazelnut meal is put to use to create a torte that fans of Nutella will no doubt adore. (via Smitten Kitchen)
14. White Wine Granita (Gluten-Free): After a big meal, there may not be much room left for dessert. This granita is a great way to end things on a sweet, light and slightly boozy note. It can also be served between courses as a sort of palate refresher. (via Saveur)
What are some of your go-to Passover desserts? Let’s talk in the comments!