36 Super Easy Dessert Recipes Made With 5 Ingredients or Less
We all deserve something sweet once in a while, but usually it requires too many ingredients to make a tasty dessert. Sometimes you just can't find everything to bake that chocolate cake you pinned last week (because you're always looking for ways to eat more cake), and other times, you just don't have the energy to go to the store and get all those fresh berries (because you swore you were going to get your daily serving of fruit for the day). But now you can forget about the pain of buying too many ingredients because these desserts all take only five ingredients or less.
5. Three-Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies: A three-ingredient recipe that will satisfy your cravings for quality cookies in next to no time at all? Yup, it is possible. All you’ll need is a box of cake mix, oil and eggs. If you’re feeling creative, you can even play around with different combinations and mix-ins. (Photo via Maggie Lees)
8. Grilled Pineapple S’mores: This tropical take on the classic s’more is a mini vacay between two graham crackers. Grilled fruit, like pineapple, makes it soft, caramelized and delish. No campfire necessary if you just pop the ‘mallows in the microwave for a couple seconds. (Photo via Sarah Silbiger)
9. No-Bake Girl Scout Cookie Truffles: Thin Mints just got a little fatter and a whole lot better. This no-bake recipe is super easy and requires only a few ingredients. Think Oreo truffles, but with a deliciously minty flare. (Photo via Morgan Weinstein)
10. Nutella and Berry Dessert Crepes: Crepes (of any kind) can cost less than an apple. What’s even better is that these crepes do double duty — they can satisfy your sweet tooth or be a proper meal that even mom would be proud of. (Photo via Jennifer Cao)
11. Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark: Williams-Sonoma ain’t got nothin’ on this stuff. This bark looks super fancy so you can make it for your friends and it is sure to impress. (Photo via Phoebe Melnick)
12. Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles: What happens when you join two super healthy foods? A very happy marriage of dark chocolate and avocado that will have all your friends swooning. You won’t even be able to taste the avocado and will still have the smooth texture without the heavy cream. (Photo via Emily Hu)
13. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries: TREAT YO’ SELF. All you need is a microwave and a refrigerator for these chocolate-covered strawberries. Make ’em for your besties or study buddies. (Photo via Morgan Goldberg)
16. Chocolate-Dipped Apricots With Coconut Flakes: Dried fruits aren’t just for your grandparents. It is so simple to spice them up and add a little pizzazz. These chocolate-dipped, coconut-sprinkled candies are a perfect treat. (Photo via Anika Schaedle)
19. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: Ever wish the peanut-butter-to-chocolate ratio of a Reese’s peanut butter cup was way higher? Here’s a decadent homemade dessert bar that tastes like a Reese’s (with more peanut butter!) and is only five ingredients away. All you need is a microwave to get started. (Photo via Rachel Conners)
21. Molten Chocolate Lava Cake: Molten chocolate lava cakes are one of the most delicious desserts known to man, and their hearts of warm, gooey chocolate are capable of wooing anyone. Whip one up for the one you love ASAP. (Photo via Katya Simkhovich)
22. Dark Chocolate, Raspberry and Brie Grilled Cheese: Gooey Brie, sweet dark chocolate and tart raspberries take this grilled cheese from brunch to dessert. Now you can have cheese for every meal, and really, who doesn’t want that? (Photo via Bernard Wen)
23. Apple Pie Crescent Bites: These rolls are to apple pie what calzones are to pizza. With only five ingredients, they are super easy to make. Plus, doesn’t everything taste better in a mini version? (Photo by Hunter Siegrist)
25. Gooey S’mores Panini: You shouldn’t have to go outdoors to get your s’mores fix, and you can’t exactly build a campfire in the middle of the winter. Thanks to this sweet recipe, you no longer have that dilemma. (Photo via Tarika Narain)
26. One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream: Do you like to end your meal with something sweet but hate that heavy bloated feeling that usually follows dessert? This light and easy dessert is guilt-free in every sense: healthy, cheap and won’t waste your valuable time. (Photo via Katie Walsh)
27. Crunchy Chocolate Nut Truffles: Holy truffles! Making your own truffles is actually a breeze, and it’ll impress the heck out of everyone. (Photo via Mimi Takano)
31. Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse: When 50% of a recipe is chocolate, you know you have a good thing going. Water and chocolate. That’s it. That’s all you need to create this wonderfully light, yet remarkably stable, chocolate mousse. (Photo via Jeanne Kessira)
32. Creamy Nutella Milkshake: Drinking your Nutella is a little classier than eating it with a spoon. This is one milkshake you’ll want to know how to make. It’s that good. (Photo via Jocelyn Hsu)
35. Three-Ingredient Banana and Nutella Spring Rolls: The crispiness of the spring roll wrapper makes it the perfect vehicle for the ooey gooey warm banana and Nutella filling. Consume these with some ice cream when they are still warm and you’ll be in heaven. (Photo via Helena Lin)
36. Pumpkin Pie To Go: Pie is not portable, making it a challenge for those of us who have meetings and classes. You can’t just slice off a piece and take it to class with you. So, what’s the solution? These pumpkin pie crescent rolls. You’re welcome. (Photo via Morgan Willie)
- 16 No-Bake Thanksgiving Desserts to Give Your Oven a Break - Brit ... ›
- 12 Sugar-Free Dessert Recipes That Definitely Don't Skimp on Flavor ›
- 12 Simple No-Bake Dessert Recipes to Whip Up This Weekend - Brit ... ›
- 26 Stellar No-Bake Holiday Dessert Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Lightened-Up Desserts That Are Both Decadent AND Diet-Friendly ›
- 25 Epic Dessert Mashup Recipes to Satisfy ALL of Your Cravings ... ›
- 14 Dessert Recipes Made With 3 Ingredients or Less - Brit + Co ›
- 30 Perfectly Patriotic Dessert Recipes for Independence Day - Brit + Co ›
- 37 Oreo Recipes That Will Make Your Cookie Dreams Come True - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)