14 Recipes to Make This Year’s Passover Feast the Best Yet
This year, why not shake up your Passover Feast by inviting a few new dishes to the table. These 14 recipes respect tradition while delivering a delicious, modern twist at the same time. Simply add a bowlful of matzo ball soup and dessert, and you’re just about good to go! With selections well-suited to year-round enjoyment, don’t be surprised if you find yourself making them over and over again — yes, this goes for gentiles too :)
2. Radish With Herbed Salt and Olive Oil: This combo delivers plenty of healthy crunch and flavor, meaning you can leave the chips and dip to other celebrations… or retire the duo completely. Other raw veggies can be swapped in for radish if that’s more your style. (via Epicurious)
3. Halibut and Salmon Terrine With Aioli and Horseradish: No question, this secretly easy-to-make terrine is a welcome upgrade for jarred gefilte fish. (via Martha Stewart)
6. Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf (Vegan): This hearty mushroom- and avocado-studded pilaf works well as both a side and a protein-packed main course for vegetarian guests. Enjoy it hot, cold or somewhere in between. (via Times of Israel)
7. Roasted Asparagus and New Potato Salad With Lemon-Caper Dressing: You’ll love how easy this lettuce-free salad is to make. While the asparagus and potatoes roast together in the oven, you’ll have plenty of time to blend up the tangy dressing. (via Dishing up the Dirt)
9. Thyme-Roasted Cauliflower With Horseradish Sauce: Roasted cauliflower alone is delicious, but the addition of a few aromatics and kicky horseradish sauce take this version to the next level. (via My Bottomless Boyfriend)
Passover Main Courses
10. Red Wine and Honey Brisket: You can’t go wrong with making brisket the centerpiece of your feast. As a nice bonus, this recipe is even better when made the day before — simply reheat the meat just before serving. (via Cookbooks 365)
12. Braised Beef Short Ribs and Parsnip Puree (Paleo): It’s hard not to love the combo of fall-off-the-bone-tender short ribs and creamy whipped parsnips. We’re guessing no one will even know that it’s paleo. (via From Jessica’s Kitchen)
13. Oregano and Orange Rack of Lamb With Caramelized Fingerling Potatoes: Cooked in the same pan with the lamb, the potatoes boast a ton of flavor courtesy of the citrus- and herb-tinged pan drippings. (via Martha Stewart)
What are some of your favorite dishes, both traditional and modern, for Passover? Share yours below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)