Meringue is so underrated. It’s light, crispy, sweet and oh-so-easy to make. And nothing shows off all of meringue’s best qualities more than pavlovas, named after the iconic ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova. Just like the dancer herself, this tasty dessert is light, delicate and stunningly beautiful. Creating a pavlova is simple — just add whipped cream and fresh fruit to your meringue. So slip on your favorite ballet flats, because these 16 inspiring pavlova recipes will make you want to dance.
1. Pavlovas With Strawberries, Vanilla Cream + Basil Coulis: This mini pavlova features the classic partnership of strawberries and basil. (via Tartine + Apron Strings)
2. Raspberry Pomegranate Layered Pavlova: A romantic assortment of pomegranate and raspberries makes a gorgeous display. A tiny amount of rose petals adds a lovely flourish. (via The Hungry Australian)
3. Candied Pansy + Viola Miniature Pavlovas: Okay… these are way too precious. Individual pavlovas topped with organic sugared pansies are a must-try, especially when the recipe is so shockingly easy. (via Adventures in Cooking)
6. Walnut Rhubarb Pavlova: We love this fresh take on pavlova with fresh-from-your-garden rhubarb. The tartness from the rhubarb is tamed with honey and a whole lot of sugar. Sweet! (via Multiculti Kitchen)
9. Pavlova With Kiwi Lime Curd + Elderflower Cream: Of course we couldn’t talk about New Zealand’s traditional dessert without mentioning kiwis! The unique combination of kiwi, lime and elderflower makes a truly one-of-a-kind treat. (via Twigg Studios)
10. Rhubarb Raspberry Meringues with Pistachio Crumble: Can’t decide between a crumble or a pavlova with your summer fruits? This recipe features the best of both worlds. (via The Artful Desperado)
14. Cherry-Topped Tiramisu Pavlova: This dessert combines the creamy flavor of tiramisu with the distinctive crunch of meringue. Plus, it’s filled with ooey-gooey deliciousness. (via The Ever Expanding Kitchen)
What’s your favorite pavlova combo? Let us know in the comments below.