Don’t get us wrong — we’re all about one-and-done dressing (lazy girls, unite!), but sometimes you just need to go above and beyond to give your getup that little extra je ne sais quoi. Take that carefully curated collection of summer dresses currently posting up in your closet (you know, that to-die-for arsenal of summer slips, flowery maxis and off-the-shoulder dresses that would make any It girl swoon): They’re downright DDG on their own, but when paired with the right accessories or an Insta-worthy topper, they become bonafide sartorial gold. With fashion fatigue at its height and fall just around the corner, the last thing you want to be spending your prime summer moments on is scouring through your closet trying to piece together the perfect ensemble. With that in mind, we’ve put together 10 easy summer dress and jacket pairings to take you through the rest of the season in style.
1. Elizabeth and James Garnet Silk Chiffon-Paneled Crepe Vest ($178) + Mango Flowy Long Dress ($100): Enter the pairing that’s a straight-up workweek style saver: Layer a tailored sleeveless blazer over a strappy summer dress for an effortless warm weather office look in seconds. Step it up with ankle strap block heels, minimalist jewelry and sleek tresses. Whoever said suits and snoozy black slacks were office essentials clearly never saw this duo in action.
2. Topshop Badged Shacket ($85) + & Other Stories Nostalgia Slits Dress ($125): When your favorite flirty maxi dress starts to lose its appeal, enlist the help of a distressed military jacket to turn the style factor up stat. Play into those tough-girl vibes with studded flatforms and a negative space mani for a late-night gig or an intimate backyard soiree.
3. Topshop Sheer Lace Bomber Jacket ($130) + Zara Patch Dress ($40): For a look that screams cool girl in training, this quirky combo is everything. Sporty chic and punk rock aesthetics combine, delivering a healthy dose of don’t-mess, downtown vibes. Team it with high-top trainers, mirrored sunnies and a luxe backpack.
4. Mango Suede Jacket ($130) + Express Edition High Neck Tiered Silk Dress ($178): Channel your inner bohemian babe for date night with bae or a Saturday afternoon shopping excursion with your buds with a tiered silk halter dress and boxy suede jacket. Let the good vibes flow with metallic gladiators and a messy fishtail braid to liven up the mix.
5. Mango Embroidered Jacket ($130) + H&M Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($30): An off-the-shoulder dress this swoon-worthy demands a topper with major panache. With its oversized silhouette and bright stitchwork, this embroidered number more than delivers. Amp up the free-spirited vibes with tassel earrings and a wooden box clutch.
6. Warehouse Suede Biker Jacket ($347) + Golden by TNA Burkard Dress ($95): Festival-going femmes, this one is for you! This flowy tie-dye frock and badass suede biker jacket feel fit for a summer concert series or two, especially when paired with a fresh flower crown, round sunnies and a fringe-flecked clutch.
7. Topshop Moto Colour Block Patchwork Jacket ($85) + Zara Checked Dress ($70): When it comes to warm-weather dressing, gingham and denim always deliver. Take your just-kickin’-it getup to the next level by upgrading to a patchwork jacket and peekaboo cutouts that lend these tried-and-true pieces a subtly modern edge. Go bright and bold on the accessories front, looking to berry lipstick and technicolor kicks for added dimension and drama.
8. Zara Embroidered Overshirt ($100) + Kain Lydia Stretch-Jersey Mini Dress ($96): Warm weather workwear doesn’t have to be drab. Step out in this vibrant shirt dress and a pair of lace-up block heels, and prepare to take on the day’s to-do list like the girlboss you are. When the office AC proves to be too much, toss on an embroidered jacket that’s guaranteed to kick-start those creative vibes.
9. Zara Bird Embroidered Bomber Jacket ($100) + H&M V-Neck Dress ($60): The whole sports-chic thing isn’t going away anytime soon, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Whether it’s a casual after-work get-together or a trip to visit that new art exhibit, this personality-packed pair won’t disappoint. Dress it up with strappy sandals and a sleek collar necklace, or play it cool with pool slides and a mini crossbody bag.
10. & Other Stories Cropped Button Jacket ($95) + H&M Short Dress ($18): Forget tees and jeans — make this effortless high-neck frock and cropped jacket duo your new go-to for weekend errand running. Teamed with pointed-toe slides, statement shades and a bucket bag, it’s 100% street style approved.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.