With summer right around the corner (WTF) and beach season just starting to become a reality (YAS), getting that goddess glow is high on the beauty priority list. That said, we’re so not talking about baking in the sun, y’all — and if you do, please follow those trusty sun protection tips. While you can always rely on cocoa powder as a fake tanner, sunless tanning products are total skin saviors when summer rolls around — especially those that work while you sleep. There’s something about waking up with a healthy, beachy glow that instantly evokes seaside vibes, so I’m personally all about BWS: bronzing while sleeping. Here are six products that’ll get the job done overnight.
1. VITA LIBERATA Self Tanning Anti-Age Serum ($45): This product is a personal fave of mine because of its lightweight feel and gradual results. Just apply this serum at night — I usually mix it with my moisturizer — and you’ll wake up with slightly darker skin (it’s very subtle, so you can totally adjust the color to your liking) that’s hydrated and plumped. Love, love, love this stuff.
2. SUN Laboratories Overnight Self Tanning Lotion ($30): If you’re looking for a serious tan by the time the sun comes up, this could be the product for you. Made from an organic, sugar-based formula, this stuff will work its magic super quickly, and it’s packed with a ton of moisturizing ingredients too.
3. James Read Sleep Mask Body Tan ($52): This overnight skin treatment also contains self-tanner, so you’ll wake up with a gorgeous glow after continued use. Its chic packaging and silky formula (which contains aloe vera and cucumber to make your skin extra happy) will earn a permanent spot in your bathroom cabinet.
4. Omorovicza Glam Glow ($51): Wake up with perky, hydrated and lightly bronzed skin with this dual face-and-body product. Slather it on before bed for several days to build up a natural-looking, fresh-from-the-beach glow that never looks fake or orange.
5. Jergens Natural Glow Pump ($13): Apply a layer of this sunless tanner moisturizer before you hit the hay and, after a few days, you’ll start to notice a sunkissed color developing. This stuff is gentle, doesn’t smell bad and absorbs quickly, so it’s pretty hard to mess up, TBH. Bonus — they also make a version for your face.
6. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Serum ($11): This is another personal fave of mine — but be warned that the key is to make sure you let it fully dry before hopping into bed/putting on your PJs. Apply several pumps of this serum and make sure it’s evenly rubbed in (especially on your knees and elbows!). After a couple days, you’ll notice the glow starting to form. You can apply more or less frequently depending on how much or little color you’re feeling.
Follow us on Pinterest for more DDG beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.