Prepping for your wedding is no easy feat. From searching for the perfect gold foil wedding invitations that’ll make your guests swoon to using the right wedding planning tool to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch, it’s the little details that go a long way to personalize your super special day. And once you’ve done all that? It’s time to plan the ultimate vacay: your honeymoon! Since wherever you spend your first few days as a married pair is a place you’ll remember forever, we pulled together a list of mind-blowing destinations to help you start narrowing your choices down — starting with destinations that are a dreamy match for your astrological sign.
1. Athens, Greece: You’re known for a super strong will, so we think you should head to Athens, one of the earliest and best known civilizations in world history. With your boo in tow, taste delicious Mediterranean dishes, tour the historical sites from your favorite movies and schedule a few days to cruise around the Greek Isles. Santorini is a place you’re sure to love, with its sparkling sea and bright white buildings against the big blue sky — donkey rides up the peaks included!
2. Macchu Picchu, Peru: The Taurus’s love for adventures is an outstanding match for Macchu Picchu, Peru as your honeymoon vacay pick. Ride the Hiram Bingham Orient-Express train for an amazing journey between two of Peru’s most adored destinations. You’ll see Cusco, a charming colonial city with a lively town square (and great shopping) before a magically scenic journey through the Urubama (Sacred) Valley unfolds before your eyes. Once in Macchu Picchu, explore the ancient citadel famous for its breathtaking views.
3. Tulum, Mexico: A mix of awe-inspiring ancient wonders and the great outdoors will appeal to both sides of your Gemini personality. Plan to spend time sipping drinks by the beach with your beloved while snacking on tacos and homemade guac in your fave swimsuit. When you’re ready to take a break from all the beachy bliss, head for the cenotes to take a dip in one of the many fresh water holes together or scope out some of the most interesting ruins in the world. Don’t miss Chichén Itzá and the El Castillo step pyramid.
4. Maui, Hawaii: You’re known for your love of water, so the Hawaiian Islands are an absolutely dreamy choice for your honeymoon. Hunker down in Maui to swim with turtles, then deep dive in the Molokini crater and experience an authentic luau with the person you love. Don’t leave the island without spending a day along the road to Hana. You’ll see some of Hawaii’s most amazing coastline while exploring bamboo jungles, fresh water pools and tasting coconut candy and ice cream along the way.
5. Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Bold, courageous and daring Leos like you will definitely love Dubai. One of the globe’s most impressive new destinations, you’ll share the spotlight with ultra-modern architecture (don’t miss the Burj Khalifa, the famous 830m-tall tower) and a night scene that will be tough to trump. Don’t leave Dubai without treating yourselves to some luxury shopping, beach clubs and spas. This place truly has it all!
6. London, England: Channel your inner William and Kate in their home city. See the British Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben, the clock tower known around the world, while you soak up incredible views by exploring on foot or rising above it all on the London Eye, Britain’s famous ferris wheel. It also doesn’t hurt that London is surprisingly green, which your earth sign should appreciate too. Enjoy the lush scenery with a trip to the Kensington Gardens before palace hopping or breaking for tea time. Just another day in the life of newly wedded bliss.
7. Bali, Indonesia: Since you appreciate balance and harmony, we bet you and your beau will fall head over heels in love with Bali. Not only does it boast some of the world’s amazing beaches, but the iconic Indonesian island is also home to colorful coral reefs and volcanic mountains. Popular resort towns Sanur and Nusa Dua are perfect places to hole up for some R&R, as are Bali’s famous yoga or meditation retreats. Ahh.
8. Monaco: Love a lavish lifestyle? Think about jet setting to Europe’s microstate, Monaco. Nestled on the French Mediterranean coastline, its known for glitz and glamour. Plan to visit Monte Carlo for the casino experience of a lifetime or to take in an Italian opera in a truly elegant setting. Make the most of your downtime by hitting the beach, shopping the luxe boutiques and sampling world-class French AND Italian food. We don’t know if there’s a better mix of cultures and tradition for a honeymoon.
9. Galápagos Islands, Ecuador: Your incredible energy and genuine love for people and animals make the Galápagos Islands a worthy contender for the honeymoon destination of your wildest dreams. A volcanic archipelago, the islands sit just off the coast of Ecuador and are considered one of the top places in the world for catching wildlife views. Get the best ones by taking a super scenic (and oh-so romantic) cruise and wind down your days in an oceanside bungalow or hotel.
10. Florida Keys, Florida: The southernmost part of America, the Florida Keys can feel like a whole new world. Appealing to your more practical senses (which *might* talk you out of a trip that requires more intense travel), you can rest easy knowing how effortless it will be to have fun in the sun. There are tons of things to do beyond the beach, like fishing, scuba diving, boating and stand-up paddle boarding. Head to Key West for dinner and drinks (check out Duval Street) or Mallory Square for amazing views. Sunsets are celebrated nightly here, so you know they’ll be off the charts.
11. Caye Caulker, Belize: No shirt, no shoes, no problem — seriously! Channel your inner bohemian in Belize, one of the most underrated places in Central America. Hit honeymoon high notes by exploring the jungle, resorts and the Caribbean Sea. No trip is complete without an adventure to Caye Caulker, so make it a point to pencil this beloved island into your vacation. We know you’ll love diving, dancing and drinking along the shores with your love.
12. Rome, Italy: Your old soul will love wandering around Rome, Italy’s capital. Stroll down twisty cobblestone streets and taste test gelato in the Trastevere neighborhood, or walk hand in hand along the Tiber River. During the day, make time to see some of the world’s most loved tourists sites, like the Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain and Colosseum. Save time for some lesser known ones too, like Villa Doria Pamphilij, Rome’s biggest park, or Villa Borghese, where you can ride bicycles or take a row boat for a spin on a sweet little pond.
Which place do you think suits your horoscope best? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)