Summer may be beginning to make way for fall (nooooo!), but that doesn’t mean you need to give up your beach reads — or any other reads, for that matter! In fact, we’ve got a whole list of new releases for you to check out that you’re sure to enjoy, because we’ve handpicked them just for you, based on your astrological sign. Now that you’ve covered the classics based on your zodiac, here are 12 books that have just hit the shelves (or are about to!) that were practically written with you in mind. Enjoy!
1. Aries, Crossing the Horizon by Laurie Notaro ($15): Aries are often in need of adventure. For your independent streak and pioneering spirit, a trip back to the ‘20s through the eyes of the female pilots gunning to beat Amelia Earhart to her historical title is likely just what this sign (pre) ordered — this book hits shelves October 6.
2. Taurus, The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian Keyes ($9): Bull signs favor tradition and stability above all else, putting up a fight at the first signs of change, so you’ll totally relate to Stella Sweeney, who struggles to restore order to her own typically routinized life after suffering memory loss, in this poignant-yet-funny read.
3. Gemini, The Draper’s Daughter by Ellin Carsta ($9): Twins for twins! Set way back when in 1931, this upcoming (November 15) novel sees a brother/sister pair of twins at odds over family matters with puh-lenty of historical flair to boot.
4. Cancer, The Girl and the Sunbird: A Beautiful Epic Story of Love, Loss and Hope by Rebecca Stonehill ($13): For lovers of beauty, like Cancers happen to be, this poetic story of nature in a foreign setting (the plains of Nairobi) and unrequited love has it all: Just look at that dramatically telling title!
5. Leo, We Could Be Beautiful by Swan Huntley ($17): Leos love to be the center of attention, so what better novel through which to live vicariously for this outgoing bunch than one about an Upper East Side socialite with the world at her feet?
6. Virgo, The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen ($8): As an intellectual, you love to think. This thriller about a neighborhood chock full of secrets that come to light after an accident at a community pool will have your mind racing in all the right ways.
7. Libra, Fates & Furies by Lauren Groff ($9): Hopeless romantics through and through, Librans and this classic tale (out September 13) of a marriage that’s still fueled by love even after 24 years kiiiinnddd of go hand and hand. Just saying!
8. Scorpio, Found by Emily Brett ($14): Set for an October release, this thriller/self-discovery hybrid sees the book’s main character, Natalie Ulster, described as independent and self-reliant — two traits that also apply to you, dear Scorpio readers.
9. Sagittarius, Break in Case of Emergency by Jessica Winter ($17): The Sagittarius reader is good-humored and jovial, so a comedy, like this novel about a 30-something dealing with a toxic workplace, is the way to go.
10. Capricorn, Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue ($19): Those belonging to this ambitious, practical and disciplined sign will surely appreciate the hardworking leadership qualities displayed by Behold the Dreamers’ protagonist Jende Jonga, a Cameroonian immigrant determined to make a better life for himself and his family.
11. Aquarius, Three Years in Afghanistan: An American Family’s Story of Faith, Endurance and Love by Matthew Collins ($15): Humanitarians at heart, this tale of sacrifice and endurance against all odds is sure to be a hit with the likes of the Aquarius crowd.
12. Pisces, Local Girls by Caroline Zancan: Pisces’ hate being alone (as in can. not. STAND it), so it only makes sense that they’d enjoy this critically acclaimed (Refinery 29 hailed Zancas as one of 21 new authors to watch) novel about the summer adventures of three inseperable best friends, which happen to include a hunky newcomer to town.
Are you excited to read your sign’s corresponding novel? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)