December 31 and 2016 are fast approaching, and your last vacation probably feels ages ago at this point — meaning you’re totally due for a getaway. Whether your much-needed holiday escape involves hitting the slopes and sipping hot chocolate in a cozy lodge or kicking back seaside under the shade of swaying palms, taking along a slew of on-point outfits to travel home in is non-negotiable. But with so much going on from now until New Year’s, cultivating the perfect vacation wardrobe likely isn’t high on your priority list. We totally get it, which is why we’ve done all the work for you. From warm wooly sweaters to show-stopping swimsuits, these are the pieces you need for a stylish af break.
What to Pack For a Cold-Weather Getaway
1. Kelsi Dagger Road Trip Weekender ($198): Start the weekend off right with this color block teddy fur sac that feels straight-up cozy. Its super spacious interior will keep all your must-haves in check, while the standout exterior makes sure it won’t get missed at baggage claim.
2. Loft Turtleneck Sweater Dress ($90): Whether you’re headed to dinner or cozying up in front of the fire, a sweater dress will do you right every time. Dress it up with heeled ankle boots and shimmery tights or, for a more laid-back look, leggings and shearling-lined boots.
3. ASOS Coat in Patchwork Faux Fur & Faux Shearling ($171): Outstanding outerwear is a getaway given, but choosing between this season’s two hottest coat trends — faux fur and shearling — is tough. The solution? This super soft, two-for-one topper.
4. Fig + Yarrow Yarrow Buttercream ($48): What’s a vacation without a little bit of pampering? Combat the effects of cold weather on your skin, like major dehydration, with a moisturizing, soothing and nourishing cream.
5. Helen Moore Zosia Faux-Fur Hat ($98): Ditch the pom pom beanie for something with a little more sophistication and pizazz. This faux fur Cossack hat is all things chic. Rock it with a long boyfriend car coat and glam drop earrings for maximum impact.
6. R13 Distressed Mid-Rise Slim Boyfriend Jeans ($525): Besides being totally versatile, boyfriend jeans are just straight up comfortable and will make those après-ski hours that much better. (Psst: Snag ’em now while they’re way on sale!)
7. Uniqlo Faux Shearling Flannel Long Sleeve Shirt ($40): Nothing says winter quite like a little plaid. This flannel number is lined with fuzzy fleece for major warmth, making it the ultimate layering piece. Toss it over a turtleneck and boyfriend jeans or layer it under a roomy tunic.
8. Zara Striped Poncho ($100): When you’re not cozying up in your favorite flannel, this is *the* piece you’ll want to put on. It looks great with everything from classic denim to ribbed leggings and can easily be dressed up with a simple leather belt.
9. Ecote Contrast Fringe Diamond Knit Scarf ($49): With playful tassels and a textured weave, this trendy knit scarf will keep you warm and lookin’ fly even in the most frigid of temps.
What to Pack for a Warm-Weather Getaway
11. Triangl Swimwear Dolly Bikini ($79): Sunshine and sand provide the perfect setting to go big on bright, bold color, and an eye-catching two-piece is the perfect place to start.
12. LemLem Bibi Split Sarong ($195): When you’re headed to sunnier pastures, packing double-duty pieces are key. A multi-purpose scarf will keep you cozy on the way to the airport, then it serves as a stylish sarong when you hit the beach.
13. illesteva Milan Sunglasses ($300): Protect those peepers with a pair of chic shades. This set fuses retro and hot-right-now aesthetics for the ideal getaway-ready look.
14. Everlane Cotton Pocket Dress ($50): It might be -5 degrees F when you board the plane, but it’s a totally different story at your destination. Be prepared for both extremes by layering intelligently. Toss on a t-shirt dress with jeans and a long-line knit during your flight, then make your getup warm-weather appropriate with sandals and a sick pair of sunnies.
15. Birkenstock Arizona Metallic Soft Footbed ($135): Love ’em or hate ’em, Birks are here to stay. The cushy footbeds will keep feet feeling fab all vacay long, while a high-shine metallic finish has all of your sartorial requirements covered.
16. The Jetset Diaries His Touch Dress ($249): Leisurely seaside dinners call for something that’s both comfy and glam — this sexy yet totally classy frock is it.
17. Young in the Mountains Playa Hoop Earrings ($158): When choosing your add-ons, look to your destination for inspiration. Choose colors, textures and styles that speak to the landscape, culture and climate. For a tropical destination, stones like sonoran sunrise + laipz lazuli are on-point.
18. Merona Reversible Tote ($37): A roomy reversible bag won’t just keep all your in-flight essentials on lock; it’ll also keep your look feeling fresh all week long.
19. Nuxe Shimmering Dry Oil ($54): Get a kick start on that luminous glow with a few spritzes of this shimmery dry oil. It’s the perfect replacement for your go-to moisturizer during your mini escape.
Tweet us your holiday vacay plans @BritandCo + of course what you’re planning on packing!