Have some Christmas or Hanukkah money burning a hole in your pocket? Sure, you could blow it on frilly party dresses and high heels – or you could be a little more practical about it. The holidays have passed, but winter is still very much present – snow, wind, rain, all that jazz. So why not use that newfound fortune wisely and invest in a quality turtleneck to keep you nice and cozy while you’re out in those harsh cold-weather elements? Toss out those visions of frumpy sweaters your grandma used to gift you; here are 15 beautiful turtlenecks that’ll have you leaving that party dress in the dust in no time.
1. Jacquard Rollneck Sweater ($50): This piece manages to be ultra cozy with being the least bit boring. If you’re looking for some extra color, add a bright lip or trousers.
2. Heattech Fleece ($15): Uniqlo’s special “Heattech” fabric absorbs body moisture and actually generates heat to help keep you warm. Sport this fleece with a skirt and tights are under that snow jacket.
3. MINKPINK Sweater ($60): Keep things from looking too frumpy with a cute cropped cut.
5. Chevron Cowl Sweater ($385): This certainly isn’t the cheapest selection of the bunch, but considering the killer chevron design and the fact that it’s 30% cashmere, we think the splurge is justified.
6. Wool Blend Sweater ($50): If you’re feeling a bit basic in your turtleneck, rock it in this vibrant shade of red for a piece that’ll have everybody’s heads turning.
7. The Best Year Turtleneck ($198): Give that chunky turtleneck a varsity edge with these giant chenille patches. If you’re not down to drop $200, use this as inspiration for a DIY project you can easily recreate with a cheaper sweater.
8. Oversized Roll-Neck Jumper ($69): We’re loving the olive green shade of this option. Evoke a menswear vibe with trousers and loafers or dress it up a bit with a pair of skinny jeans and ankle booties.
9. Soft Polo Sweater ($165): We know this ensemble might be a bit much for the office, but this patterned, cropped sweater paired with some jeans could be the perfect way to spruce up a cold winter wardrobe.
10. Royal Rose Sweater ($250): If you’re going to trust anyone to keep you warm this winter, it should be the folks over at Wool and the Gang. Snag this sweater premade for $250 or get the kit that has all the required materials to create your own for $155.
11. Structured Sweater ($46): Add some structure to your turtleneck attire with this lilac piece that’s a minimal masterpiece.
12. Cotton Blend Trapeze Sweater ($109): We’re going to be honest with you here: With a piece as practical and pretty as this it’s probably going to be a real struggle not to wear it every day. If you can’t stop yourself, we don’t blame you.
13. Stripes Sweater ($35): If you’re not so sure about the turtleneck look, here’s a pretty striped piece with a neck that’s borderline turtleneck. You’ll still have room to breathe, but get that high collar that this style is famous for.
14. Embroidered Turtleneck ($288): Forget about the cables and ladder stitches; this statement sweater gets an edge up on the competition with a unique embroidered design.
15. Featherweight Merino Wool ($60): If you’re looking for a lighter turtleneck you can keep rocking well into the spring, pick this featherweight top made with merino that actually feels more like cashmere.
What’s your favorite way to style a turtleneck? Share with us in comments or tweet us a pic!