11 Festive Apps to Download on Christmas Day
After waiting patiently for the big day to arrive, you’ve finally made it: It’s Christmas Day! Santa delivered sweet gifts for him and her, you’ve opened your stockings, drank eggnog… now all you have left to do is sit back and enjoy time with the fam jam before you all come together for a delicious holiday meal.
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas + iMessage Sticker Pack: Take it back to 1965 with this interactive re-telling of A Charlie Brown Christmas. You can play Schroeder’s piano, go caroling with the Peanuts choir and even decorate your own Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Plus, the app comes with 30 animated stickers for iMessage too!
2. Elf Yourself: You’ve probably seen this hilarious elfish video maker on your Facebook wall during previous Christmases, but now it’s your turn to transform your fam into an adorable elf gang. All you need to do is simply snap a photo of yourself and your crew. The app will put your cheerful faces onto an adorable animated video that will have you belly laughing like St. Nick himself.
3. Christmas Pics Quiz Game: For the tiny tot who is a little bored this Christmas Day, check out this free and festive game. Simply unscramble the letters to match the holiday-themed picture above.
4. Fireplace 3D Lite: There’s nothing more festive than having a family gathering in front of a warm fire. But instead of flipping channels on the TV to find the virtual fireplace, this free app puts a cozy fire in the palm of your hands (don’t worry, it’s totally safe).
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Dr. Seuss Camera: Grinch Edition: With over 20 cards based on original artwork by Dr. Seuss, this app is perfect for your niece who’s ALWAYS taking selfies. Just upload a selfie into the app and size it to match the corresponding cutout — you can turn yourself into a Who, Cindy Lou and even the Grinch!
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
6. Christmas Radio: If Spotify and Google Play Music aren’t festive enough for you, check out this all-Christmas radio app. Along with other festive playlists, be sure to check out the North Pole Radio station and see how Santa is getting on after his long night (we assume he’s probably going to need a looooong nap after all the flying). The whole app is free and it’s just $0.99 per year if you want to use it without ads.
7. Christmas Santa Run: Help! Santa’s lost all the gifts for the good boys and girls! In this mega addicting jump-and-run game, help Santa save Christmas (and don’t forget to share the love and see if all your little cousins can beat the levels too).
DL It: Free on Android
8. Catch a Character: If your kiddos still don’t believe that Santa could actually deliver all those presents, download this app pronto. All you have to do is take a picture of your Christmas tree and magically add Santa to your photo. Then show your kiddos the pic and say you caught a glimpse of St. Nick himself!
DL It: Free on iOS
9. Elfmoji: If there’s ever a time when it’s socially acceptable to go overboard with the emoji, it’s the holidays. This adorable sticker set gives you all the elf emoji you could ever want — it’s perfect for the momma who’s a little too excited to be done with the Elf on the Shelf.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
10. Heads Up!: Ellen Degeneres’s mega popular charades game now includes holiday themed decks for free! Gather the fam and start a fun game of festive competition. You can play for stakes too (for example, the winner gets the first bite of turkey and the loser doesn’t get gravy with dinner).
11. PicsArt Studio: Before you post all the adorable Christmas Day pics you took to Instagram, check out some of the cute holiday clip art you can add with this app. While most festive sticker packs will cost you around $2, it’s definitely a fun way to add a little flair to your memories for years to come.
Which apps are you using on Christmas Day? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)