At Brit & Co., it’s pretty obvious that we firmly believe that geek is the new black, whether it’s another day in the office or a weekend at the beach. But, if you plan on wearing more than a tech-infused bikini on a daily basis, you may need some more ideas. And since we don’t condone wearing a pantsuit with QWERTY-plaid, you’ll have to settle for more understated fashion choices. So, without further ado, we’re pleased to bring you a dozen pixelated fashions for geeky guys and gals.
1. Pixelated Blue Heart Earrings ($10): These geeky earrings are perfect for framing any techie’s gorgeous visage. You can trust us, we’re sort of experts on the whole geek accessories scene.
2. Pixelated Glasses ($377): These 8-bit inspired frames are available in no lens, clear lens, and shaded lens options. The DIY-er in all of us can appreciate this hand-crafted look.
3. Pixelated Glam Heels (Not available yet): When in doubt, you can always count on Japan to throw a bit of crazy fashion at you. These densely pixelated heels by Japanese designer Kunihiko Morinaga are nothing compared to her mask collection.
5. Stolen Jewels Necklaces (Not available yet): A gorgeously innovative statement necklace that’s also pixelated? Well done Mike & Maaike.
6. Pixelated Necktie ($30): Nothing says “Happy belated Father’s Day!” quite like a tie that hurts your dad’s eyes. If your old man has more utilitarian sensibilities, he may like this Brit fix for the everyday necktie.
7. Pixelated Pantyhose (Not available yet): And they probably won’t be for a while since this looks to us like just another clever photoshop hack. Perhaps a DIY is in order?
8. Pixel Posey Necklace ($25): Designer Irina Blok marries nature and technology in this lavender-colored flower necklace. The lace strap and silver clasp make the posey bloom really pop!
9. Space Invaders Ring ($316): If Brit decides to make a run for it as a tough female rapper (Related: The Fresh Princess of Weduary), you can bet she’ll be rocking the nerdiest bling around. First on her list? A Space Invaders-themed stainless steel ring, of course.
10. Pixelated Pencil Skirt ($515): This two-tone pencil skirt combines simple floral prints in black and white with a super abstract pixel pattern that merely suggests floral undertones. We love it.
11. Ironic Sans Pre-Pixelated T-Shirt ($27): Save your reality TV producers some time by buying your clothing pre-censored. Speaking of nerdy wearables, check out our whole roundup of t-shirts for the Facebook generation.
12. Pixelated Watch (Not available yet): Take a simple goal like telling time and pair it with a simple design that incorporates very low resolution to get this retro timepiece on a black plastic band. Zack Morris definitely would have rocked this.