5 Apps Will Kickstart Your Spring Cleaning
Getting organized is the hardest part of life. Or maybe it’s staying organized. No matter where you fall on the organizational spectrum, we can all agree that life constantly gets in the way and things that you always mean to do get brushed aside. Cue: technology. This week, we’ve got five brand new apps that will help you kick-start an organizational spree and get all aspects of your life in order. Whether it’s your bank account, nutritional intake or email inbox that needs to get streamlined, these apps will help you get there.
1. Fly Cash: Just pretend like your best friend is also your money manager. With this new app, just send a text every time you make a purchase (you can totally use emoji and slang) and the app will record your money-spending habits. You can also track your spending with hashtags and emoji — plus the app will help you manage your money and save for upcoming events.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Cool Cousin: This new travel app is kinda revolutionary in one way — it will hook you up with ACTUAL LIVING PEOPLE in the place you’re traveling to. It won’t just offer some vague recommendations. You can follow a real person’s real recommendations and, if you like their suggestions, you can message and ask for advice. And if all goes really well, you can arrange to meet IRL and get a real local’s tour of a city.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Bitesnap: Put Artificial Intelligence to work for you as your official food companion. This rad new app will help you track your nutrition if you just take a picture of your meal before you eat (which, face it, you’re probably already doing for Instagram).
4. WalkTo: There’s nothing we love more than a two-fer. This rad new app recommends local small businesses within walking distance, tracks how far you’ve walked and then offers you deals once you reach your destination. Save money, get healthy and support local businesses. It’s actually a three-fer.
5. Chuck: How much junk mail could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck junk? This new app lets you power through organizing your inbox. If emails have been stacking up and you’re dreading sorting through them, download this app first and then spend your newfound free time drafting the makers of the app a thank-you email.
DL It: Free on iOS
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)