Whether you’re a serious gym enthusiast, someone who loves to work out at home or not into breaking a sweat, you’ve likely heard of the meme “never skip leg day.” The buzz around leg day is all about respecting and strengthening some of the biggest muscles in your body. Another set of large muscles that can’t be ignored: your glutes. To help you pay ode to the muscles that power your everyday performance, helping you do everything from run your first marathon to carry groceries up stairs, we’ve rounded up seven workouts for your legs and butt — no equipment needed.
1. Leg and Butt Lift Ultimate Squat Workout: First things first: You’ve got to learn how to do a proper squat. This video will teach you the basics of different types of squats. If you’re a beginner, grab a chair to help you with the exercises. If you already have squats down pat, forget the chair and use this workout as a refresher and warmup. (via PsycheTruth)
2. Best Butt and Thigh Workout: So you’ve got the squat basics down? Well done. Now take them to the next level with this series of exercises to work your glutes, thighs and calves. (via Women’s Workout Channel)
3. Five-Minute Butt and Leg Workout: These standing exercises will work your lower body and boost your heart rate. All you need is five minutes, so squeeze in this routine before coffee, during your lunch break or after work. (via BodyFit by Amy)
4. Blogilates Quick Leg and Butt Sculptors: Add some variety to your workout with these interesting moves from Cassey Ho. You can kick off your shoes for this one and even have a bit of fun while feeling the burn! (via Blogilates)
5. Thin Thighs in 30 Days: This video is part of a 30-day challenge, but you can still incorporate these four moves into your regular weekly rotation. Your legs and glutes will reap the rewards! (via Natalie Jill Fitness)
6. 10-Minute Leggings Workout: This video knows that leggings are girl’s best friend. Grab a mat and a couple of buddies to tone your buns and legs with this intense 10-minute “leggings” workout. (via Popsugar Fitness)
7. Leg and Butt Burner: Nothing like a high energy session to cap off your workout week, right? Crank up your favorite tunes and work those legs and buns with this fun but no-nonsense workout. All you need is a bit of space to move around and you’re ready to go. (via Kelsey Lee)