8 Fast Food Holiday Treats You Won’t Want to Miss Out On
There are SO many reasons to get excited about the fact that the holiday season is once more upon us (have you picked out your ugly sweater yet?) — take the new Gilmore Girls reboot eps or Starbucks’ secret holiday menu, for instance. We’re about to give you eight more, because it IS the giving season, isn’t it? Bonus: They’re all edible.
Starbucks isn’t the only food and bev chain getting in on the cheer this year, and frankly, we’re pretty impressed with some of the offerings we never knew our fave drive-throughs (or sit-downs!) have been hiding from us in plain sight. Take a peek at some of their best festive feastable options below.
1. McDonald’s McCafé Egg Nog Shake: Considering McD’s MASSIVE success with the Shamrock shake, why wouldn’t they make a delectable delight to honor the biggest holiday of the year? It’s creamy goodness topped with whipped cream and a cherry. What more could you want?
2. McDonald’s Holiday Pie: McDonald’s gets a twofer on our list: How the heck we’ve never seen the “holiday pie” on the menu before, we’ll never know (especially given our genuinely thorough breakfast hashbrown investigation), but apparently, it’s a mash-up of vanilla custard, flaky buttercrust, sugar and rainbow sprinkles. We are SO in.
3. KFC Christmas Burger: KFC is so pumped about Christmas, they’ve created a whole entrée dedicated to the holiday — at least in the UK and Ireland, that is. Say hello to the “Christmas burger” — one part deep fried chicken, one part cranberry sauce, it isn’t exactly traditional, per se, but it’s in the spirit, and that’s what counts!
4. Denny’s Rudolph Pancake Breakfast: Okay, how freaking cute is this Rudolph pancake feast? With bacon for antlers and chocolate for eyes and a nose, Rudolph isn’t exactly light eating, but it will definitely put you in the X-mas spirit, and that’s what really counts.
5. IHOP Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes: Not to be outdone, IHOP offers up its own holiday stack, and it sounds beyond decadent with white chocolate chips and chocolate sauce atop a two-stack of crushed peppermint-infused batter. Yum!
6. Dairy Queen: Candy Cane Oreo Blizzard: It’s your everyday favorite cookies and cream blend with a twist (the twist being scrumptious bits of candy cane pieces). Bonus? This one’s PINK.
7. Dunkin’ Donuts Candy Cane Crunch Donut: In case you’re a bit too chilly for a blizzard, DD has your back in the candy cane department too, with its new candy cane crunch donut. Filled with vanilla-flavored buttercream beneath a layer of snow white icing and crushed candy pieces, this thing puts a glazed to shame.
Which holiday treat are you most excited to try? Cast your vote @BritandCo!
(h/t Cosmopolitan, photo via Dunkin’ Donuts)