Starbucks Has a Secret Menu That Will Make All Your Holiday Dreams Come True
Those Starbucks people. They really are the cleverest. They’ve been distracting everyone with this whole red holiday cup controversy and meanwhile, they’re working on something amazing: A secret holiday menu with drinks that make hot cocoa sound oh so drab. Forget visions of sugarplums — you’re going to be dreaming about six sweet holiday-themed drinks.
The not-so-secret menu includes five Frappucino flavors — Candy Cane, Christmas Cookie, Biscotti, Apple Pie and Cinnamon Crunch — and a s’mores flavored Hot Chocolate. How can you get your hands on one of these six new holiday-themed beverages? You’re probably thinking you have to be some sort of VIP member with a gold Starbucks card or in the PSL society (that’s actually a real thing). But no! British magazine Look dished on what exactly to tell your barista so that you can start sippin’:
1. Christmas Cookie Frappucino: Two pumps of peppermint syrup and one pump toffee nut syrup combined with a regular vanilla Frappuccino before topping with caramel drizzle and raw sugar.
2. Candy Cane Frappuccino: Order a vanilla Frap and add two pumps of peppermint syrup as well as extra cream and a caramel drizzle.
3. Biscotti Frappuccino: Choose any Frapoucino flavor and ask the barista to throw a biscotti in the blender.
4. Apple Pie Frappuccino: Ask your barista to fill half your cup with milk and the other half with apple juice. Then have him or her add two pumps of cinnamon and two pumps of caramel syrups. Ice and mix. Then go into a sugar coma.
5. Cinnamon Crunch Frappuccino: Order a white mocha and add one pump of cinnamon syrup and one pump of hazelnut syrup. Sprinkle cinnamon powder.
6. S’mores Hot Chocolate: Order a chocolate Frap or a hot chocolate and add one pump of cinnamon syrup and one pump of toffee nut syrup to your drink. Blend and then add cream, chocolate sauce, biscuit bits and marshmallows until you elevate off the ground from sugar.
Will you try ordering off the Starbucks Secret Holiday Menu?
(Photos via: @starbucks)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!