This Mermaid Smoothie Bowl Recipe Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 small bananas, ideally frozen
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon spirulina or blue algae powder
- 1/2 dragon fruit
- 1 small kiwi
- handful fresh blueberries
- handful fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc)
- edible flowers to decorate (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and process until liquidized. Taste and adjust for sweetness if you like. Pour into a bowl.
2. Use a melon baller to create little dragon fruit spheres. Alternatively, cut into slices or shapes.
3. Slice the kiwi thinly and cut out shapes using sugarcraft cutters, or get crafty with a sharp knife.
4. Arrange your toppings over your mermaid smoothie bowl and sprinkle with the mixed seeds.
5. Decorate with edible flowers (I used borage flowers) and enjoy!
This post has been updated.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
- 15 Healthy Holiday Smoothie Recipes That Only *Taste* Indulgent ... ›
- THE Best Acai Bowl Recipes for Summer - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Smoothie Bowl Recipes to Blend up This Morning - Brit + Co ›
- The Anatomy of a Smoothie Bowl - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Hacks to Use Your Blender for More Than Just Smoothies - Brit + Co ›