8 Acne Spot Treatments to Clear Your Skin in a Pinch
We’ve all been there — a pimple pops into view and it feels as if the day is out to get us. Before we know it, we’re picking and pinching (yikes!) at our face without so much as giving a second thought to how that might affect our skin. To help you achieve the blemish- and scar-free complexion of your Instagram-inspired dreams, meet your new skincare BFF: acne spot treatments. Armed with potent blemish-fighting products, you can kiss zits goodbye without having to attempt to pop them out of view. Simply dab them on, give them a couple hours to work their magic, and meet back at the mirror for a jaw-dropping, pimple-diminishing result.
1. Glossier Zit Stick ($14): This powerful spot treatment features a five percent benzoyl peroxide formula jam-packed with tea tree oil and capryloyl salicylic acid housed in an easy-to-store pen topped off with an antimicrobial stainless steel tips. And, since it dries clear, you can apply it anytime without fear of giving away your skincare secret.
2. Beautycounter SOS Acne Spot Treatment ($22): Fast-acting, blemish-busting, and all around pretty to look at, this treatment works to nip your complexion concerns in the bud.
3. Boscia Clear Complexion Willow Bark Spot Treatment($18): Designed for even the most sensitive skin, this vitamin-rich, anti-irritant spot treatment erases acne while instilling a calm, clean, purified complexion in its wake.
4. Murad Acne Control Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment ($22): Clear pores, smooth skin, and reduce redness with a single dot of this salicylic acid-powered skincare savior. The clear gel can be worn on bare skin or under makeup, all without pilling or peeling in the process.
5. Peace Out Acne Healing Dots ($19): Want to wake up looking and feeling refreshed? Instead of popping a pimple and hoping for the best come morning, keep your paws off and place one of these hydrocolloid patches over the spot. The air-tight applicator will soak all of the bacteria out of your pimple while reducing inflammation and diminishing the chance of scarring as you sleep.
6. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare SpotLite Acne Treatment Device ($52): FDA-cleared and clinically proven, this small LED shines bacteria-fighting blue light and inflammation-reducing red light onto blemishes. Not only will it work to clear your skin on the spot, but it will help prevent against future breakouts when used proactively too.
7. Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Emergency Spot Fix ($20): Highly concentrated and heavy-hitting, this powerful gel aims to wipe out breakouts by targeting acne-causing bacteria and replacing it with acne-fighting ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil.
8. COSRX Clear Fit Master Patch ($6): Love the idea of hydrocolloid patches sucking the life out of stubborn zits but wish you could gain the same benefits with a full face of makeup? Thanks to COSRX, now you can. The thin clear patches will protect irritated skin while working to diminish the appearance of the pimple and any surrounding redness, all while going undetected beneath a full face of makeup.
Follow us on Pinterestfor more must-try beauty buys.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.