17 Sweet Artisanal Edibles to Give Your Sweetie
The season of love is officially upon us. With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, we’re turning our attention to little red dresses, cozy breakfasts-in-bed, and, now, artisanal sweets from all over the country. Instead of picking up a box of regular old chocolates, go for a box of sweets with more of a story behind it. Here are 17 artisanal edibles from makers in New York, California, Georgia, and everywhere in between.
1. Big Picture Farm Caramels ($11): With flavors like Maple Cream, Cocoa Latte, Chai Latte, and the original Sea Salt and Bourbon, these caramels are outrageously delicious. The chai latte is definitely our favorite, but you can’t go wrong with the original.
2. Mast Brothers Origin Chocolate Bar Collection ($40): If you’ve got a weakness for co-ops and chocolate, you’ve probably come across Mast Brothers. This trio of bars is a great gift for any loved one this February.
3. Bee Raw 9 Varietal Honey Flight ($78): Wait, what?! A tasting of… honey? Sign us up.
4. Hernán Mexican Hot Chocolate ($10): Authentically infused with cinnamon, take a pass on the powder packets and melt a square into one cup of hot milk. Add a blast of Frangelico and you’ve got one deliciously spiked sweet.
5. Savannah Bee Co. Raw Honeycomb Square ($24): More honey! Honeycomb is as raw as it comes in the world of honey, and this would pair splendidly with a triple cream wedge of cheese and crusty bread.
obsessed over Chuao as a stocking stuffer idea for the holidays, and then we stocked Brit + Co SF full of these chocolates. If you want to come check out the crazy flavors yourself, stay tuned for the re-opening of Brit + Co SF in the next week or so! :)
7. Fat Toad Farms Coffee Caramel ($6): Made in Vermont, this coffee bean caramel topper would improve ice cream, cheesecake, and just about anything with a simple spoonful.
in a chocolate truffle? Adding to our cart… now.
Berries N’ Cream Starburst commercial from a few years ago.
and bourbon? Yeah, we thought so.
11. Sugar Knife Cookies N’ Cream Marshmallows ($7): Ready for the ultimate Oreo-inspired remix? Combine Baileys Irish Cream, Bourbon Vanilla Bean, and chocolate cookies and get ready for one crazy marshmallow that melts in your mouth.
12. Baconery 23K Gold Bacon Bar ($50): Bacon and gold, together at last?
13. Jeni’s Ice Cream Sandwich Collection ($32): Guess what the cookies in this ice cream sandwiches are? Macarons. For real. It’s French baking meets all-American ice cream in a truly yummy way. Flavors include Orchid Vanilla, Chocolate Hazelnut, and Salty Caramel with Smoked Almonds.
14. Dandelion Chocolate Bar Gift Set ($20): Every Dandelion chocolate bar is made purely with cocoa beans and sugar. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
15. Mini Mason Jar Cheesecakes ($45): Could these be any cuter?
16. Fatty Sundays January Wintery Mix Pretzels ($8): Another hot ticket item from Brit + Co SF, these chocolate-covered pretzel rods are topped with white, pearl, and silver nonpareils. Yum.
17. Some Like It Hot Chai Habanero Caramels ($10): And finally, a spice-tastic sweet. As the maker describes, these caramels are “infused with red Thai chiles and habanero chiles. One bite and there will be tears of joy streaming down your cheeks.”