10 Baby Boy Names for Kim and Kanye, If Kim’s Predictions Are Right
Social media maven Kim Kardashian teased us with a bit of speculative information about her pregnancy on Twitter last week, hinting that she may be carrying a baby boy. We love a good name game and everyone knows that she and Yeezy like to have fun with baby names too — after all, they did name their daughter North West, a move the public initially balked at and later grew to love. So, we’re throwing caution to the wind and brainstorming a top 10 list of potential names for North’s baby brother, assuming Mama Kim isn’t just stringing us along. And even if she is, we forgive her, because hey, this is fun!
1. South: Okay, we have to get this one out of the way, right off the bat. You’ve gotta admit that two cute kiddos named North West and South West would make a perfect set of siblings. And just think of all the SXSW events that kid could host once he got older!
2. Wild: While we’re out here on a limb, here’s another wild card (pun intended). If you’re going to have a sense of humor about your kid’s name, why not name him Wild West and pair it with a traditional middle name? That way, he can choose to ditch his given name and go by something more common if he ever decides his parents were bonkers for naming their kids after a matched set of global directions.
3. Noel: It could be really sweet to use Kim’s gender-neutral middle name as her son’s first. It’s a French name derived from the word noël, which means “Christmas.” Kim is said to be due around the holidays, and after all, who doesn’t love the gift of a tiny baby boy? Bonus points for alliteration, since Kim comes from a sisterhood of “K” names. Maybe North and Noel could carry on the family tradition.
4. Omari: Kanye happens to have a pretty cool middle name himself; doesn’t “Omari West” just have a nice ring to it? Egyptian in origin, it means “high-born” or “God the highest.” Since his parents aren’t exactly shrinking violets, we can see them giving him a strong name with a bold statement behind it.
5. Donda: In a Dravidian language called Telugu, Kanye’s late mother’s name, Donda, refers to a bright red fruit. The name is said to mean “strong, determined and stubborn.” Those three words definitely describe this couple, and naming their son in memory of Kanye’s mom would be a touching and sentimental gesture.
6. Roc: Kim and Kanye aren’t known for going the conventional route when it comes to much of anything, so naming their first son after the label that gave Kanye his start in the music business would be fitting. He was hired as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records back in 2000, starting with Jay-Z’s The Blueprint. It’s worked out well for him ever since, so why not extend those good vibes to his son’s name as well?
7. Andante: With such a musical dad, a musical name might not be out of the question. Andante is an elegant Italian word referring to the moderate speed or “walking pace” of a piece of music. And since Kim and Kanye were married in a stunning ceremony in Italy, they’ve clearly got a thing for the place itself.
8. Sagittarius: Rumored to be due around the holidays, baby boy West will likely arrive under the zodiac sign of Sagittarius. We don’t know if his parents keep up with their horoscopes or not, but the name is interesting, creative and anything but ordinary, just like his mom and dad.
9. Dash: It’s eccentric, it’s cool and it’s memorable — three characteristics that also match his big sister’s name. It’s also the central syllable in “Kardashian,” which is why Kim, Kourtney and Khloe named their boutique that very word. Now that they’ve moved onto other ventures, maybe North’s baby brother can pick up the mantle and run with it. (See what we did there?)
10. Bruce: It’s been an emotional year for Caitlyn Jenner, who’s been making great strides on the trans community’s behalf and working to address critical issues like teen suicide and violence against trans men and women. Wouldn’t it be the loveliest gesture ever if her first grandson were given her childhood name in her honor?
What’s your favorite name prediction? Spill in the comments section below!
(Photos via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)