The Perfect Summer Beach Town for Your Zodiac Sign
We’ve got summer vacation on the brain (and new swimsuits in our shopping carts), which means only one thing: beach time, baby! While we’re not quite at the point in our lives where we’re scooping up our own swoon-worthy beach house, we’re definitely making time this summer to hit the sand for a weekend or two. Since US travel could get unusually cheap soon, we’re all about making those vacation plans ASAP. If you’re trying to get your (SPF-covered) tan on, we’ve taken on the task of cosmic travel agent to recommend the sandy spot of your dreams.
Aries (MARCH 21 – APRIL 19)
1. Santa Cruz, California: With surfing, an amusement park on an iconic boardwalk, redwood forests, and beautiful beaches all within a stone’s throw of each other, you’ll adore Santa Cruz, Aries. Always the adventurer, you like to keep your plate full — and you’ll definitely never run out of things to do in this laid-back Pacific Coast beach town.
Taurus (APRIL 20 – MAY 20)
2. Blue Hill, Maine: The great outdoors is your happy place, Taurus, and when it comes to vacations, the more majestic the setting, the better. The quaint town of Blue Hill still gives you those beachy summer vibes, but also comes complete with mountains to hike and farms to visit. There’s peace and tranquility wherever you turn, and you’ll leave feeling restored and more like yourself than ever.
Gemini (MAY 21 – JUNE 20)
3. Tybee Island, Savannah, Georgia: As an avid information-seeker, we know that simply sitting on the beach for days on end won’t cut it, Gemini. That’s why we think Tybee Island is your perfect summertime escape. Situated just 30 minutes east of Savannah, Tybee Island has a small-town beach vibe with big-time historical context. Whether you’re visiting the classic Tybee Island Light Station or learning about the island’s part in the Civil War, you’ll satisfy your mind’s craving to learn while still getting that vitamin D your body so desperately wants!
cancer (JUNE 21 – JULY 22)
4. Outer Banks, North Carolina: With the crab as your spirit animal, there’s no doubt you’re an ocean-lover, Cancer. But that doesn’t mean you’re trying to spend your vacation days jockeying for blanket space on a crowded beach. North Carolina’s Outer Banks is everything a sensitive soul like yours wants. It’s low key and quiet, with large expanses of beaches that are sparsely populated — even in the high season. Most of the beachfront properties are weeklong house rentals, so you’ll also be able to maintain all the creature comforts of home you crave.
Leo (JULY 23 – AUGUST 22)
5. South Beach, Miami, Florida: Ever the attention seeker, Leo, there’s no better place to fully embrace your playful, fun-loving side than South Beach. The Miami oceanfront is full of the most eccentric, bold individuals you could ever hope to meet and there’s a party going on 24/7. If there’s one thing you can’t stand, it’s being bored, and this vacation spot will keep you busy until it’s time to board the plane home again.
Virgo (AUGUST 23 – SEPTEMBER 22)
6. Gulf Shores, Alabama: Vacation is super important to you, since it’s one of the only times you fully allow yourself to just relax, without letting that typical Virgo perfectionism get in the way. Gulf Shores is the place to revel in all those feel-good vibes. There’s plenty to do in this sweet small town, and the crystal-clear water and white-sand beaches are perfect for some serious lounge time.
libra (SEPTEMBER 23 – OCTOBER 22)
7. Haleiwa, Oahu, Hawaii: You just want everyone to be happy, Libra, and there’s no one who can stay sad for long in Haleiwa. It’s got an artsy, cool vibe that we know you’ll dig. Since aesthetics are also important to you, there’s no doubt you’ll be in total heaven on the white-sand beaches of the North Shore.
Scorpio (OCTOBER 23 – NOVEMBER 21)
8. Jersey Shore, New Jersey: Passion and intensity rule Scorpios with an unparalleled fierceness, and there’s just something about the classic Jersey Shore weekend that speaks to your love of all things gritty and sexy. Rent a house for a week with your besties and get that full Jersey Shore experience. We’re talking boardwalk strolls, late nights out, long days on the beach, and lots of vino.
Sagittarius (NOVEMBER 22 – DECEMBER 21)
9. Venice Beach, California: Your wanderlust knows no bounds, Sag, and the free-spirited vibe of Venice Beach suits your optimistic energy. As the resident philosopher of the zodiac, you’re always searching for something real and deep, and Venice Beach is known for its cast of characters that’ll keep you interested all vacay long. Plus, you’ve kind of always wanted to take up surfing, and Venice has lots of lessons to help you get up on your board. (Photo via Christian Kober/Getty)
Capricorn (DECEMBER 22 – JANUARY 19)
10. The Hamptons, New York: Perfectly manicured lawns, lobster parties, and Ina Garten — sounds like paradise, right, Cap? Such is the scene in the Hamptons, on the eastern end of Long Island. Success, stability, and structure are important to you — this we know — and there’s no better place to show off all your hard work than with a sandy stroll on Montauk’s pristine beaches, or with a glass of rosé aprés beach at the Surf Lodge, natch.
Aquarius (JANUARY 20 – FEBRUARY 18)
11. Key West, Florida: Your individualism is super important to you, Aquarius, and Key West is known for embracing eccentrics of all stripes. Whether you’re wandering Hemingway’s home or watching the nightly sunset celebration at Mallory Square, your Key West vacay is sure to be filled with outside-the-box thinkers and unique experiences that’ll enrich your thirst for something different.
Pisces (FEBRUARY 19 – MARCH 20)
12. Cannon Beach, Oregon: With the majestic Haystack Rock and rocky “needles” dotting the Cannon Beach coastline, there’s an otherworldly quality to this stretch of the Oregon Coast that feeds your spiritual needs, Pisces. Formed from lava that flowed over 17 million years ago, this rocky beach has seen its share of history and is the perfect place to indulge those head-in-the-clouds daydreams that make you so imaginative and compassionate.
Would you visit your sign’s beach destination? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know what you think of your pick!
(Photos via Getty)