The day of love is upon us and what better excuse to share a few of my favorite self-care products and rituals with my fellow sisters? Whether you are staying in to indulge in some quality alone time, gathering with galentines or headed out with your lover, these satiable goodies will get you prepped to feel good and look good!
Let’s dive into this self-love edition of our Beauty Fix Series — a one-stop destination that will provide you with go-to solutions for all things beauty.
The Treat Yourself Edition
1. Soul Food: “She realized that vulnerability was easier to wear than vanity. So she stripped.” A girlfriend gave me this incredible book Stripped: A Collection of Inspired Writings for the Evolving Woman by Cara Alwill Leyba ($10) and I read it cover to cover in one sitting. It made me laugh, cry and I got all the feels. Every woman needs to own, read and re-read this book. You will be floating on a self-love high ready to take on the world!
2. Skin Cocktail: Mix, Match, Customize: If you’re anything like me, you get sucked into buying skin care products based on the invigorating scents, the beautiful packaging or your bestie tells you you have to have it! You are in the perfect place to customize your own intuitive skin care regime. This set up is my current obsession — and note that all of these gems are ingredient conscious green beauty picks!
- Step 1: Derma-E Essentials Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil ($18): Apply this rinse-free (divine smelling) cleansing oil gently with small circular motions.
- Step 2: Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Essence Toner ($40): Talk about YUM! This toner is so lightweight and legit feels like you are swiping flower water onto your skin. Plus it leaves your face feeling nourished and fresh.
- Step 3: Lavido Invigorating Facial Serum ($55): After all the rose calming this far, I take it up a notch and lather a small amount of this serum which immediately makes me feel alive!
- Step 4: Amala Rejuvenating Eye Cream ($256): Listen, yes this product is on the higher end, but the investment in the most sensitive part of your sweet face is well worth it. I can feel the effects of this eye cream the second I gently tap it under my eyes and I could see a difference in my fine lines within a week of using. Also, a little goes a long way!
- Step 5: OY-L Face Cream ($55): These ingredients OMG — sweet almond oil, avocado oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil, squalane, evening primrose, sea buckthorn oil, rosehip oil, carrot oil, apricot oil, lavender oil, frankincense oil, hemp seed butter, abyssinian oil, pomegranate oil and prickly pear. Need I say more?
- Finishing Touch: Teadora Brazilian Glow Radiance + Renewal Oil ($40): Don’t forget about your body baby! Apply this sensory stimulating body oil with gentle, slow strokes — really breathe and take this time to relax (or you can have your lover help in this department for an extra win :)
3. Bathing Beauty: Candle-lit Soak Ritual: I don’t know about you, but a candle-lit bath is honestly one of my go-to rituals that without fail brings me to my happy place. I have been using my favorite items from A Wholesome Glow Luxury Classic Box Gift Set ($75) to bring an even deeper relaxation to my soak time. I love how this husband-wife duo brings a farm-to-family approach to their line of beauty products that truly feel like you were hand delivered mindfully made potions.
4. Clean Swap: Clean, Green, Healthy Makeup: This day and age it’s so easy to source quality pigmented makeup goods that are ingredient conscious and bring a mindful green approach behind their business. It’s so important to know what we put on our skin. One of the best gifts I have given myself is swapping out all my other brands for the products that I can feel good putting on my face daily. A few of my favorites are the following:
- Well People Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturiser SPF 30 ($29): The coverage I get from this is insane for how lightweight it feels on my face. If you’re a no-makeup makeup kind of chica, then this is your new best friend!
- Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flash Luminizer in Blush/Rose ($32): I love this double duo that can act as blush, highlighter, shadow and even a lip tint! I keep this little guy in my bag and can easily touch up any tired look throughout my day with a few strokes!
- NU Evolution Pressed Powder Foundation ($45): You can use this as your foundation or layer over your tinted moisturizer like I do to set your makeup. I love how lightweight and silky it feels and it never looks cakey.
- TreStique Define, Sculpt + Set Brow Pencil ($25): Best. Brow. Pencil. Ever. Seriously. I have been obsessed with this product for over a year. I love how natural it looks on every brow type. It’s easy to apply and lasts all day.
- TreStique Matte Color + Shiny Balm Lip Crayon in Costa Rica Coral ($28): I haven’t seen this color look bad on anyone yet — and it feels so good on your pucker! This color will get you through any occasion and is a great staple piece to keep in your bag always. If you need to you can hack it and even use it as blush and eyeshadow!
5. Luscious Lips: Prep and Pucker Up: It’s always a good idea to prep your pucker with a little treatment whether you’re planning on having a sweet makeout sesh or just enjoying the feeling of baby soft lips for yourself. My go-to is Beauty For Real Perfect Pout ($46). After using this tip I feel like a teenager who just spent the night kissing my BF for hours! My lips immediately feel soft, plump and ready for endless smooching!
6. Mask Maven: Sheet Mask Diary: I am in love with sheet masks and this Biobelle My Diary of Beauty Secrets Facial Masks ($27) set makes me feel so happy! Why is it that packaging can have such a wild effect on our senses?! This little diary of sheet masks are great to keep on hand for those days or are great for sharing with your beauty babes. Not only is the packaging the cutest, the ingredients are eco-friendly, natural and uniquely innovative.
7. Sacred Sipper: Upgraded Matcha Latte: It took me awhile to get on the matcha train, but once I had this amazing Upgraded Matcha Latte recipe that my dear sister Erica Favela from My True Wellness shared with me, I have been addicted! I am a huge coffee drinker and haven’t had a cup in four days because this mix has me feeling so good! Trust me when I say this superfood sipper will bring you into a very happy state of mind!
8. Touchy Feely: Scrub, Sooth + Smooth: One way to drop into self-love is to close your eyes and just feel. I often practice allowing myself to fully be present and nurture the body I’m so blessed to be in. Having sensory stimulating products to throw into the mix makes this process even more stimulating and special. I am loving this Isola Vanilla + Coffee Body Scrub ($36) when I need to wash away my stress and layers of surface crap. I follow up with one of the most divine scented body oils — Isola Lavender + Vanilla Bean Perfume Body Oil ($44). I like to think of this oil as a serum for my body and then I follow up with the Isola Vanilla Bean + Anise Body Lotion ($26). The trick is to really take your time applying. Allow yourself to breathe in the yummy scent and feel the relaxation as you gently rub into your skin.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Art Direction/Styling: Misty Spinney
Photography: Kurt Andre
Designer: Marisa Kumtong