The Pants + Skirt Trend That Makes Office Dressing Way Easier
If you’re a bonafide lazy girl (or ya know, human), you know how hard pulling yourself out of bed in the morning can be, even after hitting the snooze button a gazillion times. And getting dressed? Well, let’s just say it’s a tall order before coffee. Stocking up on pieces that have the chic and effortless thing on lock then becomes totally essential, and that’s where belted pants come in: They’ve done half the work for you thanks to the little detail that pulls together the piece like that. Plus, they’re crazy comfortable and totally trend-right. What’s not to love? Scroll on for 14 perfect tie-waist pants and skirts that will change your morning routine.
1. ASOS Lounge Pants With Tie ($43): Nope, you’re not dreaming. You can, in fact, rock these knitted lounge pants at your nine-to-five. While straight-up sweatpants are a major no-no, these bad boys will slip under the radar with a blazer, button-down and block-heel pumps, no problem.
2. Lavish Alice Sash Tie Detail Crossover Trousers ($58): Pieces that pack maximum impact with minimal effort are the building blocks on which a lazy girl’s wardrobe is based. And that’s the beauty of these blush bottoms. Standout details like crossover styling hold it down, making extras totally optional.
4. Forever21 Belted Mini Skirt ($25): Belted bottoms with a ’70s edge? Yes, please. Sub in this red-hot number for your go-to pair of denim next casual Friday with clog ankle boots and a lace-front top.
5. J.Crew Tie-Front Pant in Lightweight Bi-Stretch Wool ($118): Between the lightweight wool and the sophisticated cropped silhouette, you might — dare we say it — be pumped to slip into these tie-front trousers. Toss on a turtleneck top and slide-on flats to really let the comfy cool vibes flow.
6. Getting Back to Square One Palazzo Pants ($188): The one-stop style you need in your workweek rotation: these billowy bottoms. Whether your after-hours agenda involves dishing with the girls or hangin’ with bae, belted palazzos have work-to-dinner dressing in the bag. Just add a bright pink lippy and a sassy clutch, and go.
7. Topshop Belted Paperbag Trousers ($80): Getting down to business is about to get real — cozy, that is. A fusion of tailored and relaxed styles gives you the best of both worlds: an office-ready aesthetic that feels like it was made for couch-chillin’. Once the weekend rolls around, dress them down with a classic tee and leather jacket.
9. ASOS Utility Wrap Belted Skirt ($60): Work or play, this belted pencil skirt brings the sass factor. Redefine power dressing by pairing it with pointed-toe boots and a cold shoulder turtleneck top.
14. & Other Stories Pleated Trousers ($95): Getting dressed is a cinch (get it?) with these pleated trousers on standby. Stick to a slim-fit tee and d’Orsay flat formula and you’ll have a flawless outfit in seconds.