The Pants + Skirt Trend That Makes Office Dressing Way Easier
If you’re a bonafide lazy girl (or ya know, human), you know how hard pulling yourself out of bed in the morning can be, even after hitting the snooze button a gazillion times. And getting dressed? Well, let’s just say it’s a tall order before coffee. Stocking up on pieces that have the chic and effortless thing on lock then becomes totally essential, and that’s where belted pants come in: They’ve done half the work for you thanks to the little detail that pulls together the piece like that. Plus, they’re crazy comfortable and totally trend-right. What’s not to love? Scroll on for 14 perfect tie-waist pants and skirts that will change your morning routine.
1. ASOS Lounge Pants With Tie ($43): Nope, you’re not dreaming. You can, in fact, rock these knitted lounge pants at your nine-to-five. While straight-up sweatpants are a major no-no, these bad boys will slip under the radar with a blazer, button-down and block-heel pumps, no problem.
2. Lavish Alice Sash Tie Detail Crossover Trousers ($58): Pieces that pack maximum impact with minimal effort are the building blocks on which a lazy girl’s wardrobe is based. And that’s the beauty of these blush bottoms. Standout details like crossover styling hold it down, making extras totally optional.
3. Cooperative Naomi Cropped Tie-Waist Pant ($69): Dress pants, pleaseeee. When casual Friday rolls around, you’ll straight up stun, no thanks to stuffy suiting or stiff tailored trousers. Tie-waist denim culottes will flip your on-the-clock style on its head, while racking up the style points left and right. Pointed-toe ankle boots are obligatory.
4. Forever21 Belted Mini Skirt ($25): Belted bottoms with a ’70s edge? Yes, please. Sub in this red-hot number for your go-to pair of denim next casual Friday with clog ankle boots and a lace-front top.
5. J.Crew Tie-Front Pant in Lightweight Bi-Stretch Wool ($118): Between the lightweight wool and the sophisticated cropped silhouette, you might — dare we say it — be pumped to slip into these tie-front trousers. Toss on a turtleneck top and slide-on flats to really let the comfy cool vibes flow.
6. Getting Back to Square One Palazzo Pants ($188): The one-stop style you need in your workweek rotation: these billowy bottoms. Whether your after-hours agenda involves dishing with the girls or hangin’ with bae, belted palazzos have work-to-dinner dressing in the bag. Just add a bright pink lippy and a sassy clutch, and go.
7. Topshop Belted Paperbag Trousers ($80): Getting down to business is about to get real — cozy, that is. A fusion of tailored and relaxed styles gives you the best of both worlds: an office-ready aesthetic that feels like it was made for couch-chillin’. Once the weekend rolls around, dress them down with a classic tee and leather jacket.
8. Oasis Picture Perfect Peg Leg Pants ($65): Sorry you’re knot sorry. Your on-point sartorial sensibilities will be the talk of the office when you waltz in sporting these tie-waist stunners. The best part? No one knows how comfortable they actually are.
9. ASOS Utility Wrap Belted Skirt ($60): Work or play, this belted pencil skirt brings the sass factor. Redefine power dressing by pairing it with pointed-toe boots and a cold shoulder turtleneck top.
10. Maje Belted Linen-Blend Chambray Tapered Pants ($325): From office to off-duty chillin’ — these lazy girl-approved pants will take you anywhere you need to go. They’re that good (and yes, perhaps even worth the splurge). Channel their innate laid-back vibes with bomber jackets, scoop neck bodysuits and saddle bags on the weekend, then tuck in a cashmere sweater and slip into lace-up kicks come Monday.
11. Missguided D-Ring Detail Culottes ($43): Anytime is a good time for culottes, especially, especially when they’re the one-and-done variety — just check that d-ring belt. Consider these your go-to on big presentation days: they’ll def impress, but require zero effort.
12. Topshop Black Leather Judo Pencil Skirt by Boutique ($300): A nonchalant obi belt takes a chic leather skirt from femme fatale to laid-back cool just like that. The sleek leather gives off major #girlboss vibes making it a shoo-in for your nine-to-five, but it can totally kick it off-duty too with a simple t-shirt and bright sneakers. Trust us, you’ll be rocking this investment for years.
13. ASOS Wrap Tie Peg Pants in Check ($48): Typical trousers just don’t get you, but girl, that’s totally okay. This grid-check set is way more your speed. The breathable material and relaxed fit are prime when you’re running from meeting to meeting, while the tie-front detail and smart symmetric print make sure you bring your sartorial A-game. Pair ’em with menswear flats and choker top for a fashion-forward look that can hold it down sans accessories.
14. & Other Stories Pleated Trousers ($95): Getting dressed is a cinch (get it?) with these pleated trousers on standby. Stick to a slim-fit tee and d’Orsay flat formula and you’ll have a flawless outfit in seconds.
Follow us on Pinterest for more up-and-coming trends and style inspo.