15 Food Subscriptions to Gift Your Friends and Family
It can be tough to shop for the foodie on your list. Their kitchens may already be equipped with all the latest gadgets and gizmos, and a gift card to their favorite restaurant may be playing it too safe and not quite cover the tab. Enter the food subscription box — it’s a great way to give the gift of a new culinary experience through a curated selection of eats. Featuring everything from artisan cheese to an assortment of zany, new-to-the-market indie goods, there’s a subscription here for whatever they enjoy most.
1. NatureBox ($20/month): Give the gift of healthy snacking for one month or more — what better way to start those New Year’s resolutions off right. With a selection of over 100 nutritionist-approved nibbles to choose from, there’s something here to please every palate.
2. Glassful ($45 and up/month): This curated wine subscription gives you the choice of gifting several distinct tiers of top-quality wines in a choice of reds, whites or a mix. Each and every one of the three bottles sent is tailored to the recipient’s taste preferences, with an even more personalized experience as reviews for past selections are submitted.
3. Luv Macs ($54/three months): Instead of baking up batch after batch of macarons and sending them off every month, let these pros do the work. With an option to include only gluten- and dairy-free goodies, your friends with food sensitivities are sure to appreciate the extra thoughtful touch.
4. Bitters and Bottles Bar Subscription ($95/month): Someone’s bar cart looking a little empty? Let the folks at Bitters and Bottles stock it little by little. With three to six bottles of spirits at a time, your fave cocktail guru can have everything needed to make top-shelf, craft cocktails at home.
5. Olympic Provisions Salami of the Month ($145 and up/year): This is the perfect gift for the cured pork fan in your life. They’ll not only receive one, two or three (the quantity is up to you) chubs of artisan salami every month, but also a card filled with tasting notes, pairing ideas and more.
7. Cool Haus Sammie of the Month Club ($55/three months): Now you can share the Cool Haus ice cream sandwich love with folks outside of their brick and mortar and food truck territories. Each box holds a surprise assortment of four expertly-selected sammies, featuring flavors ranging from classic to seasonal to boozy and adventurous.
8. Sightglass Coffee Seasonal Variety ($19/delivery): Every delivery will expand the recipient’s coffee repertoire. They’ll be introduced to an array of exceptional, exclusive beans on anywhere from a weekly to a monthly basis.
9. Turntable Kitchen Pairings Box ($25/month): This is the perfect subscription for the music-loving foodie in your life.
10. Bac’n Bacon of the Month Club ($140/three months): We’re certain that true bacon lovers will squeal in delight when they open this box to find two packs of thickly cut, small-batch bacon inside. Your giftee will even get to sport their Bac’n pride with the logo tee included in their first shipment.
11. Cowgirl Creamery Three ($225/three months): Fromage fanatics will love the gift of artisan cheese. The assortment of three cheeses for three months PLUS a copy of the Cowgirl Creamery cookbook is sure to earn you some major points.
12. Plated ($12/plate): Make it easier for your busiest buddies to enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home. We’re thinking it’s an especially great gift for parents with small kids. They’ll get a nice date-night in, no sitter required.
13. Mouth Indie New Releases ($180/three months): What a great way to stay ahead of the curve and find out about the best new gourmet goods on the market.
14. Spice to Meet You ($8/month): Eight bucks a month is a pretty budget-friendly way to experience unique and exotic flavors without having to leave the house. Tastebuds everywhere, rejoice.
15. Saffron and Kumquats ($20/month): It boils down to this: five ingredient samples and five ways to use them. Talk about a straightforward yet super effective way to expand one’s culinary know-how without a huge commitment of time, cash or pantry space.
Which of these gifts that keep on giving would you like to find on your doorstep? Let’s discuss below!