The 10 Best Places to Find Halloween Makeup Online
From mermaids to black cats, wrecking balls to trolls, we’re all about the Halloween duds these days. As we should be, of course – the holiday is coming up fast, as evident by the pumpkins everywhere (and in every form). We just want to make sure that you’re completely prepared to round out your spooky look with the makeup to match, even if you have zero time to visit a brick-and-mortar costume shop. So, without further ado, here are ten of the best places to find Halloween makeup online.
1. Etsy: Whether you’re looking for the finishing touches for your witch look or simply some black lipstick, Etsy has options (and a lot of decorations to go with them). But it doesn’t just stop at stellar handmade makeup. Other costume-worthy one-of-a-kinds include cute nail decals, pretty flash tattoos or creepy temporary tats — details that make your Halloween look extra, extra special.
2. Spirit: This online mecca of Halloween makeup has pretty much every staple known to man and zombie alike: from face paint to fake eyelashes and everything in between that can transform you into someone (or something!) completely different.
3. Halloween Express: Claiming to be the largest source of Halloween everything (a claim which, upon closer inspection, we’re beginning to wholeheartedly believe), this online shop has not only costumes upon costumes, it has makeup and accessories in dozens of different categories. Consider this the place to go for your Halloween makeup basics.
4. Heaven Costumes: This shop is the perfect place to find just the makeup and face effects you were looking for. Face paints? Makeup kits? Prosthetics? Check, check and check. But what really wows us/grosses us out here is its special effects stash, including capsules of blood (ew) and bottles of “zombie ooze” (double ew).
5. Stage Makeup: From pots of stage-grade glitter to airbrush systems (for the practiced Halloween celebrator), Stage Makeup has Halloween makeup that’s professional approved. Check out the vibrant Ben Nye cream color pots ($12 for a 5-stack) — they’re a seasonal favorite of our in-house makeup maven Misty Spinney.
6. Party City: Free shipping and makeup upon makeup (upon makeup) — that sounds great to us, especially since this party supplies store offers makeup kits that are essentially costumes for your face. Hack a complete look with these bundles, from comic book dots ($10) to a creepy-cool rainbow face zipper ($13).
8. Mehron: This shop takes an artisanal approach to creating quality cosmetics that are both versatile and high-impact. This really is the website where pros go to play — along with theater-grade products, get inspo straight from the makeup artists themselves with the site’s spectacularly spooky 31 Days of Halloween makeup board featuring the creepiest pro looks around.
9. Halloween Mart: You can load up on all the glitter you need to make your pop star costume dreams come true at this shop, including eye appliques that will help you get insanely intricate eye makeup (a la Katy Perry in her “Darkhorse” music video) without ever pulling out a brush.
10. Em-Cosmetics: This online store of Michele Phan’s makeup line is a great place to find products that make the transition from normal life to All Hallow’s Eve super simple. Here, you can buy the makeup AND get the tutorial (modeled by Michele herself, of course), like for a smoldering vampire lip look or her so-scary take on zombie eyes.