The 5 Best Places to Travel in June
If you're planning on (finally) swapping your Netflix binge sessions with some travel, we've got a few unique places to add to your list. How about a dreamy visit to a California coastline that's ripe with photo opps, a stop at one of the UK's hottest spots during some of its best weather of the year, or a trek to one of the ancient Inca tribe's most precious and hard-to-get-to cities? These five travel destinations below will not disappoint when it comes to taking your PTO, so keep scrolling to read about all of their seasonal offerings you can't miss during the month of June.
1. Big Sur, California: If you've been waiting for your moment to explore this gorgeous 90-mile coastline spanning the Pacific Ocean, this is it. The rugged area's breathtaking views couldn't get any more beautiful in June, when the sunshine is plentiful and the temps are easy on the skin. Visitor favorites (other than the drool-worthy scenery) include snagging a 'gram at the iconic Bixby Creek Bridge, having a picnic at Pfeiffer Beach, or simply taking the top down on the car and cruising around. Accommodations can be hard to book during this peak time, so try to book something ASAP. (Pro tip: We suggest glamping.) (Photo via Visit California)
2. Cusco, Peru: Dreaming about visiting Machu Picchu? June is the best month to go. Peru is just entering its dry season, which means you can witness the jaw-dropping Inca city from the clouds *without* getting drenched by the rain. The rest of the country is experiencing the same dry conditions too, so a trek through the Amazon rainforest or a day of shopping for the area's extraordinary textiles is a must-do. Even after coming home with photos, souvenirs, and memories, you'll still feel like there's still so much cultural charm left to explore. (Guess that means it's time for trip number two!) (Photo via @evan_sanchez15/Unsplash)
Click here for Peru's updated travel restrictions and information.
3. Hilton Head, South Carolina: South Carolina's 12-mile-long island is captivating with its sprawling shorelines and southern charm. But this time of year, it's particularly noteworthy for one reason — turtles. The highly coveted loggerhead sea turtles return to lay their eggs during this month, and it's a citywide event, to say the least. During this time, guests are also encouraged to get friendly with the surrounding sea life by taking kayak or dolphin tours of the area, or simply by spending the day outdoors at the popular Coligny Beach. Once a full day of sunny exploration is complete, the Inn at Palmetto Bluff offers a truly welcoming retreat for tired travelers. (Photo via @camylla93/Unsplash)
4. London, England: Okay, we can hardly argue that this city *isn't* fabulous to visit. But, to be fair, once the nice weather hits and everyone heads outside, there is no better time of the year to go. Here, you'll see people sprinkling the grass of famous spots like Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and, of course, the pubs. For foodies, the Taste of London is also held during this month, making it a positively delicious time to visit. (Photo via @rubicon99/Unsplash)
Click here for England's updated travel restrictions and information.
5. The Outer Banks, North Carolina: These barrier islands are the perfect place to mix some R&R with adventure. While the shops and restaurants close down for the winter, this destination truly comes to life in the summer. Go surfing in the morning before visiting Hatteras Lighthouse or learning about America's first colony. It's also got a local food scene that you just can't beat, so you'll want to grab a few fish tacos from Tortugas' Lie and some fro-yo from Surfin' Spoon. You'll thank us later! (Photo via @timklingler/Unsplash)
Where are you traveling this June? Let us know @BritandCo and stay safe!
This post has been updated.
- Beyond Tokyo: 5 Incredibly Chill Destinations to Add to Your Japan ... ›
- Pink Sand Beaches and Rum Swizzles: The Bermuda Travel Guide ... ›
- 8 Best Travel Destinations for Foodies Who Are Health Nuts - Brit + Co ›
- The 10 Most Spectacular Places to See the Northern Lights This ... ›
- 12 “Star Wars” Filming Locations You Should Visit - Brit + Co ›
- The Best Places To Travel Based On Your Zodiac Sign - Brit + Co ›