If you’ve been dreaming of padding your summer schedule with travel , we’ve got a few places to add to your list. How about a dreamy visit to a California coastline that’s ripe with photo opps, a stop at one of the UK’s hottest spots during some of its best weather of the year, or a trek to one of the ancient Inca tribe’s most precious and hard-to-get-to cities? These five destinations below will not disappoint when it comes to taking your PTO, so keep scrolling to read about all of their seasonal offerings you can’t miss during the month of June.
1. Big Sur, California: If you’ve been waiting for your moment to explore this gorgeous 90-mile coastline spanning the Pacific Ocean, this is it. The rugged area’s breathtaking views couldn’t get any more beautiful in June, when the sunshine is plentiful and the temps are easy on the skin. Visitor favorites (other than the drool-worthy scenery) include snagging a ‘gram at the iconic Bixby Creek Bridge , having a picnic at Pfeiffer Beach , or simply taking the top down on the car and cruising around. Accommodations can be hard to book during this peak time, so try to book something ASAP. (Pro tip: We suggest glamping .)
2. Cusco, Peru: Dreaming about visiting Machu Picchu ? June is the best month to go. Peru is just entering its dry season, which means you can witness the jaw-dropping Inca city from the clouds *without* getting drenched by the rain. The rest of the country is experiencing the same dry conditions too, so a trek through the Amazon rainforest or a day of shopping for the area’s extraordinary textiles is a must-do. Even after coming home with photos, souvenirs, and memories, you’ll still feel like there still so much cultural charm left to explore. (Guess that means it’s time for trip number two!)
3. Hilton Head, South Carolina: South Carolina’s 12-mile-long island is captivating with its sprawling shorelines and southern charm. But this time of year, it’s particularly noteworthy for one reason — turtles. The highly coveted loggerhead sea turtles return to lay their eggs during this month, and it’s a citywide event, to say the least. During this time, guests are also encouraged to get friendly with the surrounding sea life by taking kayak or dolphin tours of the area, or simply by spending the day outdoors at the popular Coligny Beach . Once a full day of sunny exploration is complete, the Inn at Palmetto Bluff offers a truly welcoming retreat for tired travelers.
4. London , England: Okay, we can hardly argue that this city *isn’t* fabulous to visit. But, to be fair, once the nice weather hits and everyone heads outside, there is no better time of the year to go. Here, you’ll see people sprinkling the grass of famous gathering spots like Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and, of course, the pubs. Or, keep that post-royal wedding excitement going by celebrating the Queen’s birthday with the citywide parade at Trooping the Colour on June 9. For foodies, the Taste of London is also held during this month, making it a positively delicious time to visit.
5. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: For those looking to mix some R&R with adventure, this city stationed on the Baja California peninsula should be held in high consideration. By now, most of the wintertime crowds have left this sunny hotspot and the temperamental summer weather has yet to hit, so it makes for ideal conditions to lay poolside with the famous freshly squeezed green margarita from the majestic Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection . Others enjoy more casual activities like strolling into town and dining al fresco on freshly caught cuisine from a locals’ favorite, The Office on the Beach . For those looking to swap in their beach reads for bolder escapades, the Los Cabos Open of Surf , a surf and music festival held from June 11 to 17, offers lively activities. Here, visitors can listen to concerts held beachside while watching surfers tackle up to 10 foot waves in this world qualifying competition. Whether you choose resort, town, or festival, the delight of Cabo San Lucas is sure to leave you with that feeling of true paradise.
Where are you traveling this June? Let us know @BritandCo !
(Photos via Getty)