With fall in full swing, we finally get all of the tasty goodies. Seasonal munchies that usually come to mind include PSL-inspired treats, gooey cinnamon rolls and anything considered a comfort food. Pumpkin muffins may not be gooey per se, but they’re definitely warm and comforting — and we’re all about sprucing up something basic and making it fantastic. Usually this means adding in things like streusel, cinnamon and, of course, chocolate. We’re positive there are at least 13 days in the fall and winter season, which means you have plenty of time to try every single one of the recipes below. Eat on, friends!
1. Pumpkin Streusel Muffins: What’s fall without a little streusel? We love crunch, and of course we’re dying over that glaze. Speaking of glaze, this topping only calls for two ingredients, so if you’re crunched for time (get it?), it’s quick and easy. (via Baked by Rachel)
2. Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins: These mini- and regular-sized muffins are filled with canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice for double the flavor. With all that cinnamon sugar on top, you’ll probably be buzzing… but in the best way possible. (via The Kitchen Paper)
3. Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins: Ah, the basic pumpkin muffin. If all the frills and fancy muffins went away tomorrow, this would still be our favorite. It’s classic and makes cold fall mornings a little happier. (via Lovely Little Kitchen)
4. Moist Pumpkin Protein Muffins: We could all use a little more protein in our lives, so why not start with a bit more in the morning? These muffins are a great way to get five grams of protein (and only 71 calories!), but still enjoy a fall favorite that you love SO much. (via Dashing Dish)
5. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins: Half a cup of butter coming through… along with a long list of fall-appropriate spices that include ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Noshing on these muffins will be like a eating a pumpkin spice latte (with chocolate chips), and we can seriously get on board with that. (via One Little Project)
6. Flourless Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins: These flourless chocolate blessings from heaven are *super* fudgy, and will basically melt in your mouth. The best part is you can toss all the ingredients into a blender for a speedy mixing process, then right into the muffin tin. (via Running With Spoons)
7. Pumpkin Muffins: Another classic recipe, but *still* a standout. This version of pumpkin muffins turns up the health factor by adding in flax seed, which is loaded with Omega-3 essential fatty acids. They’re good for the heart and easy on the taste buds. (via Peas and Crayons)
8. Mini Pumpkin Muffins: We don’t exactly have a mini appetite, but we do like mini muffins any time of year. These treats are *perfect* for an after-school snack, midday pick-me-up (they’d fit perfectly in your purse) or anything in between. (via Deliciously Declassified)
9. Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Muffins: Sweetened with organic maple syrup and thickened with almond butter, this sweet treat is made with rolled oats instead of the usual flour. The chocolate chips top it off in the most beautiful, fall-tastic way. (via Making Thyme for Health)
11. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins: We’re not sure which one needs the other more between cream cheese and pumpkin. Either way, mixing the two together creates one of the *most* decadent fall treats of them all. (via The Novice Chef)
12. Pumpkin Spice Donut Muffins: We found the Holy Grail. We like to think of this one as a hybrid of the pumpkin muffin and the cinnamon sugar donut hole. They’re even baked, so there’s not too much to worry about when you reach for your second… or seventh. (via Old House to New Home)
13. Whole Wheat Mini Pumpkin Muffins: Whole wheat and chocolate chips?! This gives us hope that chocolate will eventually find a permanent place on the healthy list. At 60 calories a pop, these muffins make for a guilt-free breakfast or snack. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
Want more fall-themed recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!