Between the dry air and the cold snow, the winter months tend to beat hair follicles up pretty badly. ‘Tis the season to turn down the shampooing and turn up the conditioning. Rather than letting the chilly season get the best of us, we’ve found 11 of the most effective moisturizing products to help fight this annual hair battle. From exotic oils to nourishing masks and more, there’s no need to wash your hair with snow (no matter what Rosemary Clooney says in White Christmas). This stuff works.
1. Eden BodyWorks All Natural Coconut Shea Pudding Souffle ($15): Keep moisture locked in your locks, and say so long to frizz and hello to soft, shiny, smooth hair.
2. Lavender + Cocoa Dry Shampoo ($14): Chocolate dry shampoo. This is a thing. And we may or may not have dipped our spoon in it.
3. Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Repair Masque ($16): This mask promises to mend damaged hair to improve shine. And it comes through with the help of all the oils — macadamia, argan, tea tree and chamomile.
4. Crane Humidifier ($50): Sometimes it’s not what you put in your hair, but what you put in the air. Your hair, skin, eyes and nose will thank you. Profusely.
5. Monoi Hair Milk ($22): It’s like a tropical vacation for your hair, formulated with coconut, palm oil and Tiare Tahiti flowers.
6. Bumble + Bumble Mending Masque ($38): Do you have some real damage on your hands/hair? If you color, straighten or perm your hair, then it’s Bumble + Bumble to the rescue.
7. Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum ($30): Josie Maran has become one of our favorite makeup lines, and we feel the same way about this hair serum. If you’re all about natural beauty, you need to reach for this bottle. It will guarantee longterm rejuvenation for that mane.
8. Wen Replenishing Mist ($13): When you’re trying to maintain moisture in the winter, washing your hair less will help. This sweet almond and mint formula helps hair stay volumized and moisturized between washes.
9. Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector ($33): Skipping any heat styling is ideal over the winter, but if you must use your blowdryer/straightener/curling iron, make sure you use a heat protector like this one to make sure your blowout doesn’t wreck your hair health.
10. Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment ($37): Moroccan oil has become so popular for good reason. It’s natural, it’s simple and it’s effective.
11. Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask ($39): Made with jojoba oil, angelica root extract and sweet orange essential oils, this product is like a moisturizer, detangler, softener and shine enhancer in one.
What products get you through the winter? Let us know in the comments.