Morning Buzz! Blake Lively and Salma Hayek Are the Squad We Never Knew We Needed + More
1. Blake Lively and Salma Hayek are the squad we never knew we needed. Blake, Salma, and a group of pals had a girls’ night out recently, and it gave us all major goals when Salma posted a pic to Instagram. “Having a lively time eating chocolate marshmallow pizza with the Lively girls,” Salma writes. In the pic, the Lively sisters (Blake’s sister Robyn was out too), Salma, and some other pals make a mess of the delicious looking treats. Can we come next time? (via @salmahayek)
2. Kourtney Kardashian drinks a cup of butter every morning. Okay, so technically it’s clarified butter, and it’s called ghee, which is often used in Indian food. Every morning, Kourtney heats up a teaspoon of ghee in pan and drinks it out of a “cute little ceramic white cup,” she says on her website. “After I take it, I don’t eat anything for 20 minutes, and then I drink a glass of water before eating food.” *Waits patiently for the drinking butter trend to overthrow kale* (h/t Us Weekly, photo via @kourtneykardash)
3. Taylor Swift will receive the Taylor Swift award. Read that again. Check your calendars. It’s real, it’s not an April Fools’ joke, and we think it might be peak award and peak Taylor. The BMI Pop awards, to be held next month, will honor Tay in “recognition of her incomparable creative and artistic talent and influence on music lovers throughout the world.” All joking aside, this is a pretty huge industry award, and the only other one to ever be awarded in someone’s name was given to Michael Jackson. “[Taylor] has had a profound impact, not only musically, but also through her personal conviction and commitment to create a standard that values and respects music for everyone,” BMI Vice President of writer/publisher relations Barbara Cane says, and we couldn’t agree more. Congrats Tay! (via Billboard, photo via Shirlaine Forrest/Getty)
4. This 90-year-old woman rocking a bikini is #goals. Clothing company Lady Watego posted a photo of a woman named Irene Carney rocking one of their bold two-piece family suits on a family cruise, and it’s got everyone crowning her the new Kween. While she merely “hope none of her grand kids were embarrassed,” (HEARTS. BREAKING. EVERYWHERE.), everyone around her is applauding her for living her best life, regardless of what we’re told you have to look like to wear a bikini. May we all live as long and as well as Irene! (h/t Uproxx, photo via Facebook)
5. If this cat can get itself up and on the subway on time every morning, we have no excuse. Subway cat has been seen several times on Tokyo’s Seibu Ikebukuro Line, according to Tokyo news site RocketNews24. Apparently, this fella’s been commuting on this line since 2013. Let this adorable kitty inspire us all. (h/t Imgur)
6. Quote of the day: “It felt strange to look at a picture of myself that is so different from what I look like when I look in the mirror. It’s an unfortunate feeling.” – Kerry Washington classily pointing out that everything is not as it seems, in reference to her very Photoshopped new Adweek cover.
What stories have you Buzzing this Wednesday? Let us know at @BritandCo!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.