18 Pantone-Approved Excuses to Wear a Blue Dress This Fall
Start breaking out your favorite fall colors. Pantone, the authority on all colors you NEED to add to your wardrobe, has deemed blue a major hue to wear right now. Whether you want to rock the bright and bold look of cobalt or the regal elegance of royal blue, Pantone assures that feeling blue this fall is anything but melancholy.
1. Breezy Tunic ($35): Look classy without giving up comfort in this breezy tunic dress. Whether you’re heading to the office or grabbing drinks with your girls on a Friday night, this dress should be your go to look… mostly because it’s as comfy as wearing your nightshirt.
4. Dark Blue Lace Dress ($100): This fall, LBD stands for Little Blue Dress. This number has the perfect sexy silhouette and lace details for date night or for your next black-tie event… because we all go to those all the time, right? ;)
5. Cannaregio Maxi Dress ($348): A maxi dress easily transitions from summer to fall. Try this scoop back dress for a carefree look you will feel your best in. The simple ribbon tie in the back adjusts the dress to best flatter your figure.
6. Floral Bodice Mini Dress ($250): Okay, the details and structure of this dress are, simply put, amazing. The soft contrast of colors in the embroidery bring out the beautiful blue hue of the dress… and don’t even get us started on that plunging sweetheart style neckline. LOVE!
7. Midi Floral Dress ($55): The silhouette of this dress is classic enough to be donned by the ladies of Mad Men, and the bouquet of color give it major personality. Throw on this playful piece for work and brighten up any dreary fall day.
8. Navy Pleated Flowy Dress ($26): We are total suckers for a statement neckline. This flattering, flowy dress stands out from the rest with its gathered high neck. Add a structured blazer for an office-chic look that you’ll want to wear over and over again.
9. Cameo Alone Tonight Fit + Flare Dress ($200): The dress of our dreams! The asymmetric, bold structure makes it ideal for a formal event when you want all eyes on you, (aka ALL THE TIME).
10. Plaid Shirt Dress ($80): What would fall fashion be without the perfect shirt dress? On chilly fall days when you want to cozy up while still looking cute, try this look on for size. This piece can easily make its way into winter with tights and a pair of riding boots.
11. Shock Wave Dress ($58): This hip-hugging dress has a sexy shape and a sassy cobalt blue color. If you’re hoping to stand out from the crowd on your next night out on the town, this is the dress for you.
12. Chambray Songbird Dress ($138): We would be lying if we didn’t admit that our favorite shade of blue has always been denim. Luckily, chambray is so on trend right now… and maybe forever. Rock this adorable short-sleeved frock this fall for the ultimate blue-jean look.
13. Goldie All Over Lace Dress ($105): If you’ve got curves in all the right places, get that booty in a bodycon dress and show them off stat. We are particularly smitten with this long sleeve, lacy look.
14. Montauk Tent Dress ($136): Summer 2014 might be history, but we don’t have to stop fantasizing about the perfect summer swing dress. This patterned tent dress screams beach chic and may be just what you need for that holiday vacay that you totally need to take.
15. Three Floor China Blue Dress ($170): This nude dress with blue lace details is the frock to rock this fall. The symmetry of the design creates a crisp and clean look that’s professional enough for the office. But it’s ready for some after-hours fun, too.
16. Bright Blue Terry Popover Dress ($345): This dress is the ultimate combination of tomboy and feminine fashion. The short-sleeved knit sweatshirt top is 100 percent casual while the full-skirt bottom makes it your new party dress.
18. Cameo This Love Dress ($150): You will look and feel like Superwoman in this dress. We promise! The basic structure of the shift is complemented by the sass of the cape overlay for a sophisticated look that you’re going to want to slip into ASAP.
How do you plan on wearing blue hues this fall? What is your favorite blue dress?