8 Polish + Blush Pairings You’ll Wear All Spring Long
Call us crazy, but we like to shake things up when it comes to our beauty product color coordination. We’re all about the unexpected mani-pedi color combos and so-crazy-it-works lipstick + polish pairings — there’s something so satisfying about discovering a new duo of shade soulmates. One pairing we never thought we’d make, though? Blush and nail polish. While the two products might seem like an unexpected coupling themselves, we found that with so many bright and beautiful options for both, they can actually complement each other in really exciting ways, making for some fresh new takes on spring makeup. So scroll on for the eight blush ‘n’ polish pairings we can’t get enough of for warm-weather days.
1. Floss Gloss in Con Limon ($8) + Julep Glow Pore Minimizing Blush in Petal Pink ($24): The beginning of spring means you’ll see bright and cheery colors popping up everywhere, so this combo of pink and lime is a no-brainer. Sport ’em with your springiest outfit to really embrace the coming season.
2. Treat Collection Polish in Fashion Week ($18) + Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Naughty ($36): Cool down a fiery lip with a more neutral shade of polish. This light gray is sophisticated and chic, balancing out the vivacious drama of rockin’ a red pout.
3. Uslu Airlines Nail Polish in Mad ($16) + Chosungah 22 Real Cheek Smoother Blush in Lilac Drop ($22): Give a flirty, feminine lilac blush a bit of an edge by pairing it with a dramatic copper polish. As gorgeous as they are by themselves, together the combo is a major breath of fresh air.
4. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Barracuda ($8) + Milani Cosmetics Blush in Luminoso ($8): This duo has us yearning for warm weather. Rock a fun, baby blue polish with a complementary shade of peach on your cheeks for a reimagined version of the quintessential springtime palette.
5. OPI Nail Lacquer in Russian Navy ($10) + NYX Cosmetics Cream Blush in Orange ($7): No matter what season it is, navy will always be in. Chic and sophisticated, the only thing that could make it better would be pairing it with a totally unexpected orange blush.
6. JINsoon X Tila March Nail Polish Collection in Doux ($18) + Sephora Colorful Face Powder in Can’t Stop Smiling ($14): Capture those warm weather vibes with a pair of pigments you can wear with anything. Salmon and pink are both subtle, subdued colors that will work for everything from a board meeting to a dinner date.
7. Nails Inc. Alexa Holographic Nail Polish ($15) + Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Candy Coral ($6): Keep it classic with two shades that will never steer you wrong. The pink-y coral adds a healthy flush to your cheeks, while the silver polish adds a touch of bling to your digits.
8. Ella + Mila Nail Polish in Island Love ($11) + Almay Smart Shade Powder Blush in Nude ($11): Balance the bold hue of this magenta polish with an understated shade of blush. The nude powder will add a subtle pop of pigment while letting your bright pink mani take center stage.
What’s your fave blush n’ polish color combo? Follow us on Pinterest for more DDG beauty inspo.