15 Gorgeous Hair Accessories to Stun on Your Big Day
In the ’40s, deep red pouts and circle trains were all the rage. In the 60s, sheer sleeves a la Kate Middleton were the most scandalous things to happen before an “I do.” The ladies of the ’80s rocked off-the-shoulder dresses and teased their hair like it was their job. Today, brides have the freedom to experiment and choose a look that suits their personality. We are loving the cute detail that a hairpiece brings to your bridal look. It can be subtle or eye-catching. Whichever vibe you’re shooting for, one of these 15 bridal headpieces should make its way into your big day.
2. Caitlin Headpiece Comb ($223): Reminiscent of our pre-teen beading days, this piece is youthful in all the right ways. We recommend wearing it with a short, retro dress.
3. Festive Starry Rhinestone Headband ($225): A slightly quirky but utterly gorgeous starry piece, this headband is perfect for a bride who loves style but doesn’t want to be taken too seriously.
4. Pink Flower Crown ($60): There’s a reason why 85% of weddings are in the spring — so ladies can wear flowers on their heads. Don’t worry if you can’t find fresh blooms. This hair crown is beyond gorgeous.
5. Ophelia-Crystal Lace Bohemian Headchain ($500): More of a glam gal? Wear a statement piece and bold lashes. This headchain is so gorgeous, you will be trying to find occasions to wear it ages after the big day.
6. Inez Beret ($250): This piece is embellished with handmade silk dupion and silk organza kanzashi flowers, making it the perfect juxtaposition between modern and pin-up vintage.
7. Beaded Leaf Headband ($310): The pearls give off a vintage feel and we can sense that everyone from your flower girl to grandma will be jealous.
8. Silk Flower Hair Clip ($68): This bridal headpiece is made with silk roses and matching rose bud and leaves. You or your flower girl will adore it.
9. Bohemian Head Chain ($205): Exotic and immensely unique, this piece is for all you boho brides.
10. Art Deco Hairpeice ($315): Did you just walk out of a Fitzgerald novel? Channel your inner flapper with a blinged-out skull cap.
11. Shooting Star Bobby Pins ($135): A set of three rhinestone-studded, filigree-star bobby pins are the perfect little something to brighten up you bridal hairstyle.
12. Floral Headpeice ($315): This lovely lace headpiece is embellished with rhinestone flowers and swirling beaded wire.
13. Woodland Hairband ($60): Simple and stress free, this hairband is for elfin brides having a woodland ceremony.
14. Apple Blossom Hair Twine ($36): Who said autumn weddings can’t feature flowers?
15. Jennifer Behr Wheat Cresent Bandeaux ($220): So fresh and modern, this piece is the epitome of bridal bliss. We recommend rocking a crown braid with it.
How are you incorporating a hairpiece for your big day? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)