15 Gorgeous Hair Accessories to Stun on Your Big Day
In the ’40s, deep red pouts and circle trains were all the rage. In the 60s, sheer sleeves a la Kate Middleton were the most scandalous things to happen before an “I do.” The ladies of the ’80s rocked off-the-shoulder dresses and teased their hair like it was their job. Today, brides have the freedom to experiment and choose a look that suits their personality. We are loving the cute detail that a hairpiece brings to your bridal look. It can be subtle or eye-catching. Whichever vibe you’re shooting for, one of these 15 bridal headpieces should make its way into your big day.
2. Caitlin Headpiece Comb ($223): Reminiscent of our pre-teen beading days, this piece is youthful in all the right ways. We recommend wearing it with a short, retro dress.
3. Festive Starry Rhinestone Headband ($225): A slightly quirky but utterly gorgeous starry piece, this headband is perfect for a bride who loves style but doesn’t want to be taken too seriously.
4. Pink Flower Crown ($60): There’s a reason why 85% of weddings are in the spring — so ladies can wear flowers on their heads. Don’t worry if you can’t find fresh blooms. This hair crown is beyond gorgeous.
5. Ophelia-Crystal Lace Bohemian Headchain ($500): More of a glam gal? Wear a statement piece and bold lashes. This headchain is so gorgeous, you will be trying to find occasions to wear it ages after the big day.
6. Inez Beret ($250): This piece is embellished with handmade silk dupion and silk organza kanzashi flowers, making it the perfect juxtaposition between modern and pin-up vintage.
7. Beaded Leaf Headband ($310): The pearls give off a vintage feel and we can sense that everyone from your flower girl to grandma will be jealous.
8. Silk Flower Hair Clip ($68): This bridal headpiece is made with silk roses and matching rose bud and leaves. You or your flower girl will adore it.
9. Bohemian Head Chain ($205): Exotic and immensely unique, this piece is for all you boho brides.
10. Art Deco Hairpeice ($315): Did you just walk out of a Fitzgerald novel? Channel your inner flapper with a blinged-out skull cap.
11. Shooting Star Bobby Pins ($135): A set of three rhinestone-studded, filigree-star bobby pins are the perfect little something to brighten up you bridal hairstyle.
12. Floral Headpeice ($315): This lovely lace headpiece is embellished with rhinestone flowers and swirling beaded wire.
13. Woodland Hairband ($60): Simple and stress free, this hairband is for elfin brides having a woodland ceremony.
14. Apple Blossom Hair Twine ($36): Who said autumn weddings can’t feature flowers?
15. Jennifer Behr Wheat Cresent Bandeaux ($220): So fresh and modern, this piece is the epitome of bridal bliss. We recommend rocking a crown braid with it.
How are you incorporating a hairpiece for your big day? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.