15 Gorgeous Hair Accessories to Stun on Your Big Day
In the ’40s, deep red pouts and circle trains were all the rage. In the 60s, sheer sleeves a la Kate Middleton were the most scandalous things to happen before an “I do.” The ladies of the ’80s rocked off-the-shoulder dresses and teased their hair like it was their job. Today, brides have the freedom to experiment and choose a look that suits their personality. We are loving the cute detail that a hairpiece brings to your bridal look. It can be subtle or eye-catching. Whichever vibe you’re shooting for, one of these 15 bridal headpieces should make its way into your big day.
2. Caitlin Headpiece Comb ($223): Reminiscent of our pre-teen beading days, this piece is youthful in all the right ways. We recommend wearing it with a short, retro dress.
3. Festive Starry Rhinestone Headband ($225): A slightly quirky but utterly gorgeous starry piece, this headband is perfect for a bride who loves style but doesn’t want to be taken too seriously.
4. Pink Flower Crown ($60): There’s a reason why 85% of weddings are in the spring — so ladies can wear flowers on their heads. Don’t worry if you can’t find fresh blooms. This hair crown is beyond gorgeous.
5. Ophelia-Crystal Lace Bohemian Headchain ($500): More of a glam gal? Wear a statement piece and bold lashes. This headchain is so gorgeous, you will be trying to find occasions to wear it ages after the big day.
6. Inez Beret ($250): This piece is embellished with handmade silk dupion and silk organza kanzashi flowers, making it the perfect juxtaposition between modern and pin-up vintage.
7. Beaded Leaf Headband ($310): The pearls give off a vintage feel and we can sense that everyone from your flower girl to grandma will be jealous.
8. Silk Flower Hair Clip ($68): This bridal headpiece is made with silk roses and matching rose bud and leaves. You or your flower girl will adore it.
9. Bohemian Head Chain ($205): Exotic and immensely unique, this piece is for all you boho brides.
10. Art Deco Hairpeice ($315): Did you just walk out of a Fitzgerald novel? Channel your inner flapper with a blinged-out skull cap.
11. Shooting Star Bobby Pins ($135): A set of three rhinestone-studded, filigree-star bobby pins are the perfect little something to brighten up you bridal hairstyle.
12. Floral Headpeice ($315): This lovely lace headpiece is embellished with rhinestone flowers and swirling beaded wire.
13. Woodland Hairband ($60): Simple and stress free, this hairband is for elfin brides having a woodland ceremony.
14. Apple Blossom Hair Twine ($36): Who said autumn weddings can’t feature flowers?
15. Jennifer Behr Wheat Cresent Bandeaux ($220): So fresh and modern, this piece is the epitome of bridal bliss. We recommend rocking a crown braid with it.
How are you incorporating a hairpiece for your big day? Tell us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.