Your bridesmaids are your absolute besties, and they’ve come through for you time and time again — not to mention, throwing the most rockin’ bridal shower ever. So it’s only fair that you return the favor and show them how special they are to you with a luncheon or tea before your big day. If you’re running low on ideas after fielding venues for the rehearsal dinner, reception, and wedding itself, don’t despair. We’ve made a list of 10 beyond-special places to celebrate your girls.
1. Pietro Nolita, New York: This Insta-famous restaurant has the perfect girly-yet-sophisticated vibe for a get-together with your best gals. Bonus: Your crew will look incredible in the all-pink space.
2. Novela, San Francisco: Does your bridal party have a bookish bent? This is the place for you. Nerd out with literary-themed cocktails and small bites to write home about. And don’t forget to take a group photo against their color-organized shelves.
3. The Beauty Bar, multiple locations: The best of all possible worlds. The Beauty Bar offers martinis and manicures in one delightful, surprisingly down-to-earth spot.
4. Butter & Scotch, New York: If you want to keep the traditional cake-pulls as part of your luncheon, but aren’t willing to sacrifice the booze, either, may we suggest Butter & Scotch? The women-owned-and-operated locale is equal parts small-town sweetness and subversive badassery. (Perfect example: Their current cocktail theme is “witches.”)
5. N7, New Orleans: Bridesmaids obsessed with “French girl” everything? Look no further than this off-the-beaten-path spot in one of Nola’s coolest areas. Completely obscured behind an unassuming wooden fence sits an awesome secret: a laid-back patio space where your entire crew can nosh on French favorites with a subtle Japanese-inspired culinary twist.
6. Samovar, San Fransisco: If a bridesmaid tea sounds staid, you clearly haven’t been to Samovar’s sleek Mission District tearoom. Relax and sip on incredible chais with your girls, or rent out their stunning rooftop with a 300-degree view for a more formal affair.
7. Smith Teamakers Tasting Room, Portland, OR: Another not-so-prim take on tea, Smith Teamakers’ tasting room has a cool, mid-century feel that’s perfect for your ‘maids who gush over good design.
8. Milk & Roses, Brooklyn, NY: Indulging your squad’s girly side is easy in this Brooklyn restaurant’s idyllic rose garden patio space. We suggest turning your bridesmaid tea into a bridesmaid brunch: The prix fixe menu includes an hour of unlimited mimosas.
9. The Lodge at Gallow Green, New York: While the McKittrick Hotel may be most famous for housing cult-favorite theatre experience Sleep No More, there’s another can’t-miss experience here too. The hotel’s rooftop is transformed into a fir-filled forest retreat that makes this space feel miles away from the bustling city below, and brunch at the lodge inside is a truly memorable time.
10. Bottega Louie, Los Angeles: Treat your bridesmaids to a pastry-filled afternoon at Bottega Louie. While the restaurant is famous for its macarons (an excellent thank-you favor, we should mention), they offer full-service brunch as well. The only tricky part will be deciding what to get.
Looking for more ways to make your ‘maids feel appreciated? Follow us on Pinterest for tons of wedding inspo.