If you’ve been following us for a while, you probably know that we’re obsessed with convenient snacks and sweets. Apples are nature’s best example of a snack that is as tasty as it is healthy, and we love getting creative with apple recipes at Brit HQ. Yesterday we showed you a dozen recipes from fellow bloggers and foodies that take the apple to the next level. Now we’re bringing you a blast from Brit + Co. past with 5 of our favorite apple treats from last fall.
1. Apple Cinnamon Roll Cups: These are definitely a fall go-to and can easily be added upon with pears, dried cranberries, maybe even a touch of cheddar. The cup is made using cinnamon roll dough and the filling is similar to an apple pie. Yum!
2. Apple Bagelwiches: If you’re bored of taking a bite out a plain old apple and have grown tired of granola bars, why not combine the two in one? Just use help from our bestie, peanut butter. If you’ve got last minute guests coming over, cut these little sandwiches into quarters and stick a colorful toothpick through each wedge for delightfully sweet hors d’oeuvres.
3. Apple Cookies: You know we’re giggling about the browser punnery on this one. (Take a second to think about this… get it?) Use mini cookie cutters to create fun shapes and bake! These make for an awesome after school snack if you have young kids.
4. Caramel Apple Muffins: Definitely our most indulgent apple recipe in the archive, these delicious treats can be served for dessert OR breakfast! Top with sprinkles, nuts, chocolates, or whatever your heart desires.
5. Chocolate iPhone: Get it? Apple?! Guess we’ll have to make a new one now that the iPhone 5 is on its way… ;)
What are your favorite ways to cook with apples this fall? Send recipe ideas our way in the comments below or on Twitter.