Our Top Five Apple Recipes for Autumn
If you’ve been following us for a while, you probably know that we’re obsessed with convenient snacks and sweets. Apples are nature’s best example of a snack that is as tasty as it is healthy, and we love getting creative with apple recipes at Brit HQ. Yesterday we showed you a dozen recipes from fellow bloggers and foodies that take the apple to the next level. Now we’re bringing you a blast from Brit + Co. past with 5 of our favorite apple treats from last fall.
1. Apple Cinnamon Roll Cups: These are definitely a fall go-to and can easily be added upon with pears, dried cranberries, maybe even a touch of cheddar. The cup is made using cinnamon roll dough and the filling is similar to an apple pie. Yum!
2. Apple Bagelwiches: If you’re bored of taking a bite out a plain old apple and have grown tired of granola bars, why not combine the two in one? Just use help from our bestie, peanut butter. If you’ve got last minute guests coming over, cut these little sandwiches into quarters and stick a colorful toothpick through each wedge for delightfully sweet hors d’oeuvres.
3. Apple Cookies: You know we’re giggling about the browser punnery on this one. (Take a second to think about this… get it?) Use mini cookie cutters to create fun shapes and bake! These make for an awesome after school snack if you have young kids.
4. Caramel Apple Muffins: Definitely our most indulgent apple recipe in the archive, these delicious treats can be served for dessert OR breakfast! Top with sprinkles, nuts, chocolates, or whatever your heart desires.
5. Chocolate iPhone: Get it? Apple?! Guess we’ll have to make a new one now that the iPhone 5 is on its way… ;)
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)