13 Ways to Use Bronzer to Glow All Winter Long
It’s mid-winter, and any remnants of our summer tan have long gone. It may be tempting to layer on the bronzer in an attempt to look more “alive,” but then you run the risk of traffic-cone syndrome. If you have pale skin and just want a healthy glow without going orange, check out these 13 tips and products for the most natural-looking winter glow.
1. Pale Perks: Winter can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and flaky. Give powder the day off and opt for something a little more wintry like dark bronze lids, peach blush and soft pink lips to get a subtle glow like Emily Blunt. (Photo via Gareth Cattermole/Getty)
2. Snow Bunny Bronzer ($30): Mix and match shades to get the exact color you’re looking for, or use the whole palette for a well-balanced bronzer that reflects all the right colors.
3. Contour Carefully: Blushes and highlighters are your best friends in the winter months. Apply a soft pink or pretty peach blush to lift your whole complexion and use a highlighter to get that summer glow your skin lacks in the wintertime. (via Brit + Co)
4. Clarins Smooth Away Cream ($31): To breathe new life into pale skin without piling on the pink blush, you will need a supercharged moisturizer that’ll give you that glow-from-within appearance.
5. Make Up For Ever ($32): This powder is matte, but also very sheer so you can apply without worrying about an orange aura.
6. Warm Not Orange: Use shimmery bronzer to highlight the places on your face where the sunlight would naturally hit. Just don’t use bronzer like loose powder unless you really want to sparkle and shine bright like a diamond. (via XO Vain)
7. Perfekt Skin Gel ($48): Here’s a skin perfecting gel that adds a soft glow but still gives you that #Iwokeuplikethis vibe. You can wear it as foundation or just wear it on its own for a casual, sun-kissed face.
8. Sheer Finish Loose Powder ($38): This pressed powder feels perfectly light and never appears thick or cakey. Prep your skin with a creamy moisturizer, foundation and a bit of concealer before setting the look with a light dusting of powder.
9. Work the Layers: After applying bronzer, follow up with a peachy-pink blush on your cheeks for an oh-so-rosy glow. A contoured brush will help keep the colors blending in all the right places. (via Glamour)
10. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder ($37): Sure to complement all complexions, this powder is especially good for pale skin since it appears more like great skin than actual makeup. Apply it to your chest and neck to give your whole look a subtle glow.
11. Kanebo Sensai Bronzing Gel ($46): Tinted moisturizers are great for an effortless, “no-makeup” makeup. Just be sure it matches your skin tone, ’cause you definitely don’t want a foundation “tan.” This Sensai bronzing gel gives your skin a no-fuss, light tan without looking fake.
13. Blend and Blend Some More: For a natural sheen, remember that color is everything. Pick a sheer bronzer just one shade darker than your real skin tone — if you try to go too dark, you’ll end up looking a li’l dirty. (via Brit + Co)
What are your tips on using bronzer with pale skin? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)