13 Ways to Use Bronzer to Glow All Winter Long
It’s mid-winter, and any remnants of our summer tan have long gone. It may be tempting to layer on the bronzer in an attempt to look more “alive,” but then you run the risk of traffic-cone syndrome. If you have pale skin and just want a healthy glow without going orange, check out these 13 tips and products for the most natural-looking winter glow.
1. Pale Perks: Winter can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and flaky. Give powder the day off and opt for something a little more wintry like dark bronze lids, peach blush and soft pink lips to get a subtle glow like Emily Blunt. (Photo via Gareth Cattermole/Getty)
2. Snow Bunny Bronzer ($30): Mix and match shades to get the exact color you’re looking for, or use the whole palette for a well-balanced bronzer that reflects all the right colors.
Blushes and highlighters are your best friends in the winter months. Apply a soft pink or pretty peach blush to lift your whole complexion and use a highlighter to get that summer glow your skin lacks in the wintertime. (via Brit + Co)
4. Clarins Smooth Away Cream ($31): To breathe new life into pale skin without piling on the pink blush, you will need a supercharged moisturizer that’ll give you that glow-from-within appearance.
5. Make Up For Ever ($32): This powder is matte, but also very sheer so you can apply without worrying about an orange aura.
Use shimmery bronzer to highlight the places on your face where the sunlight would naturally hit. Just don’t use bronzer like loose powder unless you really want to sparkle and shine bright like a diamond. (via XO Vain)
8. Sheer Finish Loose Powder ($38): This pressed powder feels perfectly light and never appears thick or cakey. Prep your skin with a creamy moisturizer, foundation and a bit of concealer before setting the look with a light dusting of powder.
10. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder ($37): Sure to complement all complexions, this powder is especially good for pale skin since it appears more like great skin than actual makeup. Apply it to your chest and neck to give your whole look a subtle glow.
For a natural sheen, remember that color is everything. Pick a sheer bronzer just one shade darker than your real skin tone — if you try to go too dark, you’ll end up looking a li’l dirty. (via Brit + Co)