Not just for jewelry, a little bit of gem glam can add the right accent to your home and party decor. Whether you’re decorating for an engagement party, looking for some holiday gift ideas or just looking to add extra sparkle to your home, check out these 25 gem-inspired DIY projects.
1. Glycerin Soap: If you want to try making soap, then you must try making soap that looks like a pile of jewels. Put a basket of them in your guest bathroom and your friends will feel like royalty. (via Mr. Printables)
2. Gem Stirrers: Treat your guests to a fancy drink and a trendy little stirring stick. Paint up all the sides with different colors or just go with one solid color for a unified theme. (via Confetti Pop)
5. Geometric Clay Ornament: Get a head start on your tree decorating with these super cool clay ornaments. We’ve painted ours gold, but if your theme is red or blue, go crazy with the color blocking. (via Brit + Co)
6. Wooden Gems: It’s amazing what a little paint variation can do when it comes to making these wooden cards look so three dimensional. You could make little key rings, jewelry or even napkin holders. (via Fabric Paper Glue)
7. Gem Piñatas: We think a piñata is always a good idea, and these pastel gems would be a welcome addition to any party theme. Fill them with candy or just make a garland to hang over the table. (via Lovely Indeed)
9. Leather Gem Keychains: Great as little gifts or party favors, it’s always nice to have a plush and colorful keychain to help you locate those pesky keys all the way at the bottom of your bag. (via Lovely Indeed)
12. Geometric Cheese Block: For the very adventurous, skip the clay and go straight for the chainsaw. A faceted wooden block would make an incredible statement piece for any dinner party. (via The Merry Thought)
14. Painted Gem Clutch: Personalize an old clutch with some spray paint and a cheap statement necklace. This would be such a fun bridesmaids’ gift because you can make them in whatever color you want. (via Love it. Live it. Make it)
22. Diamond Honeycomb: This isn’t as hard as it looks, and it makes a huge impact. Just follow the pattern and glue in all the right places for the prettiest bow you ever did see. (via Things She Makes)
23. Stitched Ornament: The hand-stitching on these little wooden ornaments adds a rustic, homey feeling. If you can trace and thread a needle, you can make a handful of these in time for any seasonal activities. (via Jade and Fern)
What gem projects are you loving right now? Talk to us in the comments below!