13 Carry-On-Compatible Workout Products to Take on Vacation
Whether you’re going on an exciting summer vacation with your girl squad or packing for your first official work trip, keeping up with your fitness routine while traveling can be a nightmare if you’re not prepared. We definitely don’t want to give up all of our healthy habits just because we’re off jet-setting, but we’re also not going to pack heavy dumbbells in our carry on just to get in our regular workouts. To help us find a happy medium, here are 13 sweat-inducing workout products that are totally packable. Bon voyage!
1. YOGO Ultralight Travel Yoga Mat ($65): If you’re the type of yogi who can’t travel without their mat, your solution is at hand: This awesome mat folds to the size of a newspaper and weighs under three pounds. Made from sustainably harvested material and paired with attached straps that make it easy to dry in a shower, this travel-friendly mat is a great lightweight option for yogis who are always on the go.
2. Brazyn Trek Collapsible Foam Roller ($68): We know it hurts, but foam-rolling your muscles is a great way to shorten your recovery time and keep your muscles at peak condition. Unfortunately, most foam rollers are clunky and not easily packable — which makes this genius collapsible model the perfect compromise. The Trek can fit into almost any bag, weighs under two pounds, and can support up to 350 pounds. Roll out all of your muscle kinks in any hotel room, cabana, or rest stop.
3. Kettle Gryp ($35): While most hotel gyms have at least one rack of free weights, not every gym is blessed with kettlebells. If you find yourself traveling while in the middle of a program that specifically requires kettlebells, this just might be the perfect product, as it transforms almost any free weight into a sturdy kettlebell while remaining surprisingly lightweight. Trust us, you’re going to be the envy of everyone in the gym with this bad boy in your bag.
4. FitBeast Core Exercise Sliders ($9): Are you ready to finally get that toned six-pack? These impressively thin core sliders are a great tool for exercising your abdominal muscles just about anywhere. With the ability to work on both carpeted and hard surfaces, there are no more excuses for skipping core day.
5. Survival and Cross Jump Rope ($10): Don’t have access to a treadmill to get your cardio in? No problem. This trusty jump rope will get your heart pumping within minutes for a calorie-blasting workout you can do on the beach, in your hotel room, or even at the airport.
6. Fit Simplify Resistance Loops ($11): Resistance loops are having a moment, and we are here for it. These latex bands weigh practically nothing and will intensify your body weight workouts, yoga poses, power weight training, and more. Seriously, we can’t recommend these enough!
7. TRX Home2 ($200): If suspension training is your jam, consider opting for the new TRX Home2 system to pack in your travel bag. While it may be a bit on the pricey side, this high-intensity suspension trainer uses only your body weight to transform and sculpt your entire body.
8. RitFit Massage Ball Set ($13): If space is still a big enough issue that even a collapsible foam roller just isn’t for you, consider packing a few massage balls instead. They help release fascia on all areas of the body to increase circulation with minimal pain so you can work hard, recover fast, and enjoy your time on the road even more.
9. Fitbit Versa ($200): Fitness smartwatches are a hot item in the workout community right now, and we’re particularly drawn to the Fitbit Versa as a moderately priced option that’s still packed with features. Combining heart rate tracking, quick fitness stats, onscreen workouts, and sleep tracking with practical smartwatch functions like message and app notifications, it’s an all-in-one fitness tracker that will definitely work with any vacation outfit. Plus, the four-day battery life means you won’t have to worry if you forget your charger at home over the weekend.
10. Flight 001 Go Clean Gym Gear Bag ($30): You packed your workout clothes, went to the hotel gym, and got in a great workout sesh. But how do you pack up your sweaty gear without soiling the rest of the clothes in your suitcase? This smart bag is made with a heavyweight nylon material to conceal odors and keep the moisture from spreading to your other garments. Farewell, gym funk!
11. HolaHatha Pilates Ring ($15): This super-slim 14-inch ring is the perfect Pilates accessory to tone your body, specifically focusing on your outer and inner thigh, upper arm, abdominal, obliques, neck, and shoulders. Weighing just over one pound, it’ll easily fit into any carry-on to maximize your workout.
12. Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle ($24): Staying hydrated while working out is essential, but we don’t always want to lug around a heavy stainless steel bottle, and we definitely don’t want to harm the planet by splurging on bottled water. That’s why we’re compromising with this super-handy 22-ounce collapsible water bottle. It folds up teeny tiny and can also attach to your bag if you’re really short on room — plus we love that it’s leakproof and BPA-, BPS-, and PVC-free.
13. 1UP Adjustable Travel Dumbbells ($55): If you’re opting for an Airbnb instead of a traditional hotel and won’t have access to that traditional hotel gym, finding free weights may be more of a challenge. These water weights are perfect for traveling: They weigh just 24 ounces when empty, but each can hold up to 16 pounds of water when filled.
Tweet us what workout equipment you bring with you while traveling @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.