9 Celeb-Inspired Summer Hair Ideas That Are So 2018
When it comes to switching up your ‘do, look no further than red carpet regulars to provide all the inspo you need. A-listers change their cut and color faster than we can book an appointment at the salon, but it’s the talent behind the scenes that can really guide us in the right direction for summer strand perfection. Scroll down for hairstyles from Jenna Dewan, Mila Kunis, Yara Shahidi, and more, as well as tips and tricks from Hollywood’s top stylists on how to achieve their looks.
1. Fringe Bangs: “One of my favorite celeb haircut trends this summer is fringe bangs as seen on Shailene Woodley. An easy tip for styling the perfect fringe is to start by getting your bangs wet and towel dried. Next, use a bristle brush (like a Mason Pearson) to blow dry while brushing hair forward and side to side. To really create some tension in the hair, place the brush under the bangs and direct it forward and down. Once dry, lock the fringe into place by spraying TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist HairSpray Hold Level 3: Boost ($5) and smoothing down any flyaways using the side of the can.” — TRESemmé Celebrity Stylist John D. (Photo via John Stillwell/PA Images via Getty)
2. Graduated Bob: “This season is all about the timeless textured bob, and Mila Kunis’ length, angle, and deep part all make this style feel fresh and youthful. Using a texture spray and a round barrel iron is the best way to re-create those sexy textured waves.” — L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hairstylist and Colorist Jonathan Colombini (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
3. Blunt Bob: “Jenna Dewan has gone even shorter than her previous shoulder-grazing lob style to a
sleek-looking, blunt, chin-length bob. Before blow-drying, apply Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment ($28) from roots to ends. Or, you can even style this look with a side part and sexy texture.” — Celebrity Hairstylist Cesar Ramirez (Photo via Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
4. The Lived-In Look: “A lived-in honey blonde lob with texture like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always melts my heart and Amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray ($25) is ideal for that sexy messy finish. Just spray and finger-comb for separation.” — Celebrity Hairstylist Cesar Ramirez (Photo via Gotham/GC Images)
5. Curly Bob: “I love everything about a curly bob for 2018. If you want to achieve a look like Yara Shahidi’s, try Amika Phantom Hydrating Dry Shampoo Foam ($25) to keep the ends of your curls hydrated and bouncy.” — Celebrity Hairstylist Cesar Ramirez (Photo via Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
6. Shorter Crop With Sleek Texture: “Lucy Hale’s combination of this cut and styling it pushed back behind one ear is an easy, no-fuss option for summer. After shampoo and conditioning, evenly spray BioSilk Silk Therapy 17 Miracle Leave In-Conditioner ($12) from roots to ends, then blow-dry hair while tucking one side behind one ear.” — Celebrity Hairstylist Cesar Ramirez (Photo via John Sciulli/Getty Images for Haute Living)
7. Wavy Lob: “This haircut suits Jennifer Lawrence so well and works because it has dynamic texture and a romantic yet casual feel. Start with a spritz of SEVEN Bond Reparative Spray ($30) for shine and slip, followed by a little heat spray for protection and style memory. Blow-dry in a tousled manner, then use your iron to create beach waves throughout. Finish with dry shampoo at the roots — between the oil absorption in the dry shampoo and the style memory of the heat protector, you’ll have great hair for days.” — Celebrity Stylist Tyson Daniel (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic)
8. The Shag: “The shag is being popularized by models like Alana Arrington and the growing embrace of curls. This is really easy to style if you’ve got the natural curl already. Just use a flexible, curl defining mousse like the SEVEN Borato Mousse ($27), then air dry or diffuse if you are in a hurry.” — Celebrity Stylist Cash Lawless (Photo via Taylor Hill/WireImage)
9. The Center Part: “For a quick style-and-go middle part look, towel dry hair and apply one of the three styling items in my Green Apple & Aloe Collection. For tight-to-medium curls, use the Curl Definer ($11); for medium-to-loose curls, use the Curl Elixir ($11); for loose curls to wavy hair, use the Hold Me Down Gelle ($11). Use the tail part of a rat tail comb to help achieve a clean part or use a regular comb for a messy part. Either will look great as long as your curls and waves are popping. Finish by using your fingers and palms to shape your strands with a diffuser, or simply let your hair air dry.” — Celebrity Stylist Taliah Waajid (Photo via Stefanie Keenan/Getty for The Business of Fashion)
Which cut are you most excited to try? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.