10 Celebrity Wedding Details You Can Totally Copy on a Budget
Okay, so celebrity weddings aren’t exactly the most relatable events ever. Sure, they’re insanely gorgeous, but affordable? Not usually. And while you may not be able to hire an IV truck to help all your wedding guests avoid a hangover (*cough, cough* Sofia Vergara), there are definitely certain details you can pick and pull from Hollywood weddings that can easily translate into a gorgeous affair, while still avoiding wedding budget busters. Scroll on down to get that brainstorm going.
1. Whitney Port’s Altar: If you’re planning a beach or destination wedding, things are bound to get expensive fast. Save a little bit in your decor budget by DIYing your own version of Whitney Port’s tropical altar made from palm leaves. (via @whitneyport)
2. Hayley William’s Wedding Cake: There are just about a million details we want to copy from Hayley Williams’s wedding, but this massive donut cake definitely left us drooling. (via @five_daughters_bakery)
3. Jason Mraz’s Wedding Venue: Jason and his now-wife Tina Carano married in a historic Virginia church back in the fall. We were totally awed by the floating frames surrounding the ceremony, and how they created the illusion of being inside while still allowing for a 360-degree view of the outdoors. If you’re planning a backyard wedding and are equipped with some woodworking skills (or you can recruit some), this could definitely be an affordable way to take your venue to the next level. (via @jasonmraz)
4. Aly Michalka’s Wedding Dress: Not so into rocking a traditional white wedding gown? Who says you have to? Disney star Aly Michalka wed director Stephen Ringer in this non-traditional, purple wedding dress and looked like a total star. (via @savingtheseason)
5. Rob Dyrdek’s All-White Decor: If you’re feeling the white dress, why stop there? When Rob Dyrdek and Bryiana Noelle Flores tied the knot a few months back, they dipped their entire wedding in white, all the way down to the flowers and candles. (via @robdyrdek)
6. Hilary Rhoda’s Black Bridesmaids Dresses: Weddings are often all about color, but if you’re not really into all that saturation, don’t be afraid to incorportate some basic black into your day. Model Hilary Rhoda dressed her bridesmaids in these simple and super chic dresses, and they look anything but drab. (via @hilaryhrhoda)
7. Will and Kate’s Wedding Menu: When a menu card from Will and Kate’s 2011 wedding went up for auction last year, it was shared all over the Internet. While we’re not entirely sure what some of these ingredients are, picking out details from the menu could be a great way to generate some ideas for your own. (via Nate Sanders)
8. Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross’s Reception Decor: If you’re after a boho-inspired theme, look no further, my friends. Ashley and Evan’s reception was basically a Free People catalogue personified. While you may not be able to do it up quite as grand as these two, DIYing those colorful tapestries or the adorable hanging wreaths could be a great way to evoke a similar vibe. (via @realevanross)
9. Heather Morris’ Photobooth: At Glee actress Heather Morris’s wedding, the photobooth definitely seemed to be the main event – and rightly so. With that many props, why would you want to hang out anywhere else? If you want to create your own, we just so happen to have tons of photo booth inspo. (via @littlelengies)
10. Sofia Vergara’s Floral Theme: To say Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello’s wedding was extravagant would be a vast understatement. And while this ceremony is STUNNING, anyone who’s looked into floral arrangements knows it’s not cheap. But tone this look down a bit and you have a wedding theme that’s noticeable but still timeless. (via @sofiavergara)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.