Hair Inspo: 9 Celebs Who Went Blonde and Rocked It
Around this time of year, everyone seems to go a few shades darker with their hair. But since when do we follow the rules in the hair department? If you’re dreaming of lighter locks, then there’s no better time than the present to rock a new ‘do. Take a cue from these celebs who switched over from the dark side and decided that blondes do, in fact, have more fun. Scroll through for some serious hair inspo from some of our favorite stars.
1. Katherine Heigl: We know Katherine Heigl as a blonde bombshell on Grey’s Anatomy, but did you know she was a dark brunette at one point? We think the blonde suits her best, and we’re glad she made the switch back. (via InStyle + Beauty Riot)
2. Kim Kardashian: Kim K got bored of her famous dark tresses and tried out a dirty blonde look for a little bit. What do you think? Should she stick to her roots (pun certainly intended) or amp it up with the blonde? (via Us Weekly + Hollywood Life)
3. Kristen Stewart: This Twilight star recently chopped off her locks and went orange. Yes, orange. But did you know she also went blonde for a short stint? She went from a classic brunette look to a more daring color. We can’t decide which one we like more. (via Secret Salons)
4. Miley Cyrus: The former Hannah Montana star-turned-full-on pop star bounces from ‘do to ‘do like nobody’s business. Our opinion? She’s totally rocking the pixie cut, and we think she should stick with it… but we also can’t wait to see what’s next. (via The Place + Daily Mail)
5. Olivia Palermo: OP’s blunt lob is one for the books, and we can’t stop admiring it, but she’s given us something new to lust over — her new, lighter hair. While we love her classic chocolate hue, her highlighted blonde is just as beautiful. (via Olivia Palermo + Olivia Palermo)
6. Giuliana Rancic: How many more celebs are going to chop off all of their hair? (Or just ditch their extensions?) This E! News host and entrepreneur has not only gone from one extreme to another by cutting off her lovely tresses, but has also made the switch from dark to light. (via Daily Mail + Daily Mail)
7. Scarlett Johansson: Scarlett follows suit with Rancic in not only cutting off all her hair, but also making a dramatic color change. We approve of the cut, color and style, Johansson. Snaps for you. (via Cosmopolitan + Elle)
9. Sofia Vergara: This hilarious star is going one step closer to all-over blonde, and we have to say, it looks pretty fun. While she isn’t quite platinum yet, we definitely approve of the balayage she’s got goin’ on. (via Reveal)
Would you make the switch from the dark side? Do you think blondes have more fun? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)