One of the chicest looks of the moment has to be a blunt cut. It’s dramatic yet simple, and there’s a shape to work with every face. We’ve seen celebs rocking a variety of blunt bobs all year long, but something about the blunt look is edgy and cool. We’ve assembled some gorgeous blunt bobs, along with other blunt hair ideas as rocked by some of our fave celebs for you to ooh and ahh over — and to print out and take to the stylist for your next hair makeover.
1. Keira Knightley: Keira’s inverted bob perfectly plays off her strong bone structure and dramatic makeup. We love those couple of long pieces at the front — so effortlessly cool. (via No Glitter No Glory)
2. Julianne Hough: While we adored Julianne’s long waves, when she went blunt, she achieved icon-hair status. Her stylist told Elle that she cuts her hair dry to make sure she’s getting the right texture and blunt ends. (via HuffPo)
4. Marion Cotillard: If the French are rocking it, you know it’s haute couture. Marion’s asymmetrical bob and deep side part give interest to a simple style without overpowering her face or glitzy necklace. (via Harper’s Bazaar)
6. Rosamund Pike: Rosamund proves blunt doesn’t have to be super sleek. Most of us dread the awkward in-between-chin-and-shoulders stage of growing our hair out, but with Ros’s undone bob it really works. (via Trend 911)
9. Kirsten Dunst: This is a welcome departure from the ordinary for Kirsten, who usually opts for something a little less structured. This sleek take on her normally tousled hair really ups her glam factor. (via Glamour)
10. Kerry Washington: Kerry’s rocking a double blunt with this style — a blunt bang and mid-length cut. Her killer root drop is is also extra apparent because of how sleek and dark her hair is at the top. (via Napoleon Perdis)
16. Charlize Theron: Charlize proves bobs don’t have all the fun. Her long hair harkens back to our high school obsession with our flat irons, but in the best way. As in, why did ours never look that good? (via Glamour)
18. Krysten Ritter: Krysten rocked the Cleopatra-blunt cut before it was cool. It’s pretty much her signature look and works for anyone with an oval face. If you want to go for it, but have a different facial shape, just be willing to get bang trims often and spend a lot of time with the flat iron. (via Style Noted)
Are you into a rocking a blunt bob this season? What’s inspiring you Fall style-wise?