It’s official: Super chunky knit blankets are trending hard, and it’s hands-down the easiest way to decorate your space for fall. These blankets look stunning casually draped at the foot of the bed, thrown on a colorful couch or even hanging out on a chic blanket ladder. They’d also make the most epic presents this holiday season. Treat yourself with one of these splurge-worthy, extra snug throws or, even better, try making one yourself. Seriously, who wouldn’t want to snuggle up with one of these?
1. Closely Knit Stockinette Stitch Double Bed Runner ($307): Wrap your little cuddle bug up in a soft, thick knit blanket that’s just the right size for your mini-me. This cream colored knit blanket is absolutely perfect for decorating any gender-neutral nursery.
2. Closely Knit Blanket: Not feeling the soft neutral shades? This company has 33 (yes, 33!!) wool colors to choose from, so whether you want dark plum or a hot shade of red, you’re guaranteed to get the perfect throw for your space.
3. Ohhio Medium Blanket ($489): We dare you not to fall asleep on this extra soft pastel knit throw from Ohhio. A little nap between holiday crafting marathons never hurt anyone, right?
4. Immy + Indi Blush Chunky Merino Throw ($410): Snuggle up to this trendy blush tone with a big, handmade blanket. It’s just the thing to take your guest room from “meh” to “WOW.”
5. Ohhio Extra Large Blanket ($897): Ok yes, this blanket is definitely a splurge. But the bright colors mixed with the chunky knit style are a statement worth making. And since it’s XL, you and your entire squad will get ALL the warm and fuzzy feels.
6. DIY Crochet Chunky Blanket: Add some luxe texture to your room with this lightweight throw. The crocheted texture and option to customize the color means you won’t have to change any of your current decor to match your new blanket. (via Always Rooney)
7. Ohhio Small Blanket ($295): When the snow starts falling, you’re going to be SO glad you bought this cave of eternal warmth. Besides a good cup of coffee, there’s not much more that you need for a majorly relaxing moment.
8. Closely Knit Nursery Throw ($260): Wool is an extremely breathable texture, which makes it perfect for nurseries and kids’ rooms. The best part about this nursery throw is that you can customize the color to get a blanket that perfectly matches your color scheme.
9. DIY Chunky Wool Knit Blanket: This DIY blanket isn’t as chunky as some of the other throws in this roundup, but the tassels really add a pop of glam. And according to this blogger, the tutorial is “super duper fraligisticextipilaoidous easy.” Come on, you know you want to try it. (via Design the Life You Want to Live)
10. Lauren Aston Designs Chunky Knit Blanket ($227+): Your favorite slouchy sweater had better watch out, because this blanket might just steal your heart. Choose from a variety of trendy shades like mustard yellow, dusty mauve and hot pink.
11. Closely Knit Bed Throw ($307): Fall colors don’t have to mean tribal patterns and plaid. This welcoming throw shows the softer side of autumn decor with a warm caramel color and texture for days.
12. Lily and Peabody Super Chunky Knit Merino Blanket ($900): Your S.O. might start feeling left out when all you want to do is cuddle up with this massive chunky knit blanket. Might we suggest adding hot chocolate with marshmallows to this situation?
13. Serena & Lily Henley Wool Throw ($598): Not only is it a perf go-with-everything warm beige, but this wool throw is so cool that it will become the adult version of your nursery blankie. Featuring an oversized weave and soft wool, this would make a cozy addition to any couch or bed.
14. DIY Extreme Knitted Blanket: Even if you’ve never been a fan of knitting before, you’re going to want to give this DIY a try. Seriously, this isn’t your average knitted blanket. Set yourself up with massive knitting needles and wool roving, and get ready for some totally Instagrammable moments. (via All About Ami)
15. Wool Couture DIY Knit Kit Giant Chunky Blanket ($109): Since the sun will likely be gone for a few months (boo), bring some sunny shades into your living room with this shockingly bright throw blanket kit. Get your Netflix queue ready and settle in for a couple good knit sessions with this awesome kit that has everything you need to DIY your own masterpiece.
16. Anthropologie Hand-Knit Sweater Throw ($298): Maybe you need a knobby blanket, and maybe this blanket, with fluffy tassels and soft neutral tones, is that blanket. It’s so soft you’ll find yourself reaching for it every time you take a nap.
17. Bloisem Merino Wool Blanket ($68+): There is no judgment if you just wear this blanket all around the house. The luxe maroon shade is just the thing to refresh a neutral sofa or glam up a gray bedroom.
18. Loopy Mango x Free People Wool Blanket ($1300): There is no such thing as too much coziness, and this blanket fully delivers with all the warm and textured details you could want from a throw, including a colorful stitched edge.
19. Lebenslustiger Peach Knit Blanket ($483): For a fun take on fall colors, coral pink is autumnal without resorting to traditional reds and browns. Whether you drape it over your sofa or hang it on a blanket ladder, this lusciously vibrant blanket will bring some bold fall spirit to your room.
20. Broadwick Fibers Merino Wool Throws ($70+): Just because warm weather has gone, doesn’t mean you have to rid your home of your favorite summer shades. These colorful throws are practically begging you to spend the evening curled up with a good book and a glass of wine.
Ready to get cozy? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall decor ideas and DIY projects.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.