So you’ve mastered pretty much every DIY hair tutorial you could pull up on your screen from Pinterest and beyond. Now learn how to style out those at-home hairdos like a total pro with hair accessories that will polish your look. From patterned headbands and not-so-basic bobby pins, consider these nine colorful hair embellishments the final step in every one of these hairstyle how-tos!
2. Add statement bobby pins to your flat iron curls: Once the flat iron has made waves, keep your newly curled hair out of your face for good with one or two of these so-cute statement bobby pins ($15).
3. Add neon bobby pins to yourfaux crown braid: Rather than take the time to crown braid your long locks, dress up your look with this hair hack and use neon bobby pins ($10) to create a fun metallic headband.
4. Add jeweled hair pins to your side twist updo: Consider your sleek sides empty space for hair accessories like these gem-studded hair pins ($24) to shine. Add them all at an angle or style them out into a chevron formation.
5. Add metallic ties to your Dutch pigtails: Yes, you can wear pigtails and not look like a third grader — just cinch the ends of these grown-up braids with gilded hair ties that make the look totally glam.
6. Add a studded headband to yourfancy bouffant: Invest in a simple studded headband ($92) to give your bouffant an even bigger boost. Though tossing this on adds unbeatable polish to just about any look.
8. Add rhinestone hair pins to yourfishtail braids: Take your fishtail braids to the next level by adding colorful rhinestone hair pins ($255) throughout your plaited locks. It’s a party-ready look that takes just seconds to complete.
9. Add a giant bunny hair clip to your tousled updo: You guys, a giant bunny hair clip ($56) *actually* exists, and it’s pretty darn chic, too. Use this statement accessory to amp up even the most basic of tossed-up locks.
What are your go-to hair accessories? Which ones can you not live without? Which do you only bust out for special occasions? Tell us in the comments below!